US base hit

Ponti said:
Open sources are reporting that this was a suicide bomber.

Given the size of the Dining Facilities on the American bases and the numbers who are fed in them, they are difficult locations to defend.
Agreed, Ponti. Excluding large Cold War bunkers I dont recall seeing a dining facility of any nation protected by anything more than sandbags or a berm, etc. Bomb shelters are typically low, cramped and unsuitable for feeding on anything more than an emergency basis. USA are saying however that the facility which suffered this attack was to be replaced in days by a protected building, a big construction project I would think. Then you have to defend it, if explosive gets inside it will cause even more casualties than in a tent.

We where lucky that Paddy's ideas on suicide where less violent.
I get no satisfaction from from yank bashing, tho as I once said in a pre 9/11 debate on another Board the US of A has much to answer for in this world. And it has.
So much of the Mid East problems of today go back to post WW I when Great Britian did so much to set the sceane. Iraq was a Brit creation to provided the Navy with oil and Palastine, words fail me. Balfour Declaration.
Brit troops are still dieing as a result of thoes desisions taken before any of us where twinckles in Daddies eye.
Does Tone know what he is booking for generations of Brits to cum ?
john

jonwilly said:
We where lucky that Paddy's ideas on suicide where less violent.
I get no satisfaction from from yank bashing, tho as I once said in a pre 9/11 debate on another Board the US of A has much to answer for in this world. And it has.
So much of the Mid East problems of today go back to post WW I when Great Britian did so much to set the sceane. Iraq was a Brit creation to provided the Navy with oil and Palastine, words fail me. Balfour Declaration.
Brit troops are still dieing as a result of thoes desisions taken before any of us where twinckles in Daddies eye.
john
Good points, jon. Re Iraq being a British creation, basically true but remember the original decision was taken internationally by the League of Nations. The boundaries were not Brit inventions, except in the detailed sense of surveying lines through the empty desert where boundaries between eg Saudi Arabia and Iraq were not properly defined. Iraq was created by combining three vilayets or provinces of the former Ottoman Empire. This was perfectly consistent with the spirit of the day when several new nations were created in Europe as well as elsewhere, often incorporating several former imperial provinces and national minorities.

I say this because I have noticed a growing undercurrent in US commentaries that Iraq is all the Brits' fault really. "Anti-colonial" resistance (allied at one point to the Nazis) and its effect on the modern Iraqi psyche is a whole other subject. Col TE Lawrence of Arabia was involved in the original decisions, but his famous protest to The Times about the later handling of Iraq is still worth reading and relevant to today's problems.

Oh, and the question of Kuwait is another related subject. The creation of Iraq no doubt helped to confirm international recognition of Kuwait as a separate state, but there is ample historical evidence that the "little fort" was an independent sheikdom and not part of the Basra vilayet.

jon the US has a far lot less to answer for than others paticularly from EUnuchs the lil'limeys, frogs, krauts and others were doing all kinds of sh*t even before america was a major world power yet who now have the nerve and arrogance to indulge in yank bashing, better hope that they don't reciprocrate the only thing worse than a pissed off american are a whole nation of'em

marine-x said:
jon the US has a far lot less to answer for than others paticularly from EUnuchs the lil'limeys, frogs, krauts and others were doing all kinds of sh*t even before america was a major world power yet who now have the nerve and arrogance to indulge in yank bashing, better hope that they don't reciprocrate the only thing worse than a pissed off american are a whole nation of'em
That's right marine-x, the United States had nothing to do with the original League of Nations or with the creation of the post-Ottoman Middle East.. :roll:

And this sort of violence is to be cured by someone making a cross on a piece of paper?
P.S. Doubtless some imam will complain that it is a cross they have to make and insist vote was fraud as they could not use crescent.

CLC
Marine X would have made a cross on a piece of paper to sign up. Does that count?
Next to FA so far judging from what his lot have achieved in Eyerak. Lots of black bags though. Be even worse soon as I see that black americans are not signing on as they were. Be hardly any USMC left then? Hoo Hah

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
jonwilly said:

john
To be honest John, I don't think he could care less.

The deaths of Brit sldrs in the future won't be his problem - much like those that are dying now mean absolutely nothing to him.

There is only one objective that matters, presidency of europe - or better yet, the world !

:evil:

From what I am reading in the British press the electorate may well torpedo
the EU constitution and the Euro which would put the UK on the outs with the rest of Europe and dash any hopes of a Blair EU Presidency.