US base hit

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Cutaway, Dec 21, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

BBC reports a large explosion inflicting many cas at a US base in Iraq.

I can't seem to find a link to the story - anyone got more news ?

2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Last Updated: Tuesday, 21 December, 2004, 13:39 GMT

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Blast at US base in northern Iraq

An explosion has hit a US military base in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul causing "multiple casualties", the US military says.
    The incident happened at 1200 (0900 GMT), the military said in a statement.

"The cause of the explosion is under investigation," the statement said. A spokesman gave no further details.

Mosul has experienced a surge in violence since the middle of November when insurgents overran police stations, looting weapons.

(c) BBC

3. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Why couldn't Bliar have been the only cas ?

:(

4. So far there have been 22 killed and 50 injured when a rocket hit a dining facility during the lunch meal. Casualty figures may go higher. It was a multi national base so the nationalities have not been released and there were civilian contractors at the base. My prayers are with those involved in this incident.

5. That is dreadful news

Condolences to the family ,colleagues and friends of those that died.

6. Rest In Peace

Lest we Forget
    :cry:

7. I am not being glib when I say Rumsfeld had better get his pen disengaged from his writing machine. Better still, give it to Dubya, who like our dear leader, thinks Iraq is worth it.

Rest in peace boys and girls.

8. Did our army learn that the green army is just a static target for the opposition.
    It's police/intelligence work to track down the leaders/financiers of these muderous acts.
    john

9. Not a good day!!! Casualties are mostly US Military, with some Contractors, these are the workers who staff the DFAC. Any one who wants further info, IM me and I will enquire.

10. Poor sods.

11. Thanks very much for that MRR.

NB. Journo's , he don't mean you.