US ARMY VS BRITISH ARMY LOOK!!!!

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by unisole, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The US army has loads more better things than the British army first of all the most important thing is there standard rifle!
    They get a M16 Rifle what is cool and very good wereas the british army get a lousy cheap L98 or what eva its called WHY? why doesnt the british get the M16???
    And the US get like HUM V's wereas we get like 60 yr old shit on wheels!

doesnt anyone agree?

Is the British ever going to get a decent rifle? im only saying this becasue im going to join the marines and i want some decent stuff!

Dont know were this topic went so i posted it here

2. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

You Sir, are an arrse.

The individual kit issue now being delivered to soldiers is first rate. i have just been given my ops pack and it is fantastic. In addition, a M16 is not the be all and end all of rifles. As someone who is yet to join, perhaps a little experience may help prior to casting judgement.

If all you are interested in for joing is getting "Gucci" kit, then you are in the wrong job sunshine.

Grow Up, get some time and keep yer trap shut.

The above statement will see you well in training too.

3. mysteron

I also add, learn to write and express yourself properly prior to adding more drivel to your posts rather than speaking in "chav".

4. chav? haha how did you work that one out?

Seriously now is the British army going to be supplied with the m16 Rifle or is it going to be sticking with the one they have now?

5. mysteron

I have caught myself in a rant so I will finish it off.

In reference to the HUMVEE question, I can personally tell you from experience that the Land Rover, whilst older is a very good piece of equipment. It is also due to be replaced by an even better piece of equipment (the name escapes me). HUMVEEs are not as reliable or as agile as you may think.

6. Brilliant – another illiterate mong with an opinion on something he knows nothing about.

You’re not Welsh by any chance?

7. mysteron

HM Armed Forces will continue to be supplied with the L85A2 rifle for the forseeable future, to answer your question.

8. Im not trying to pick a fight here im just telling you what i think and asked some questions. because i went to my Army office and even asked them in Liverpool and they said the British army has just picked the cheapest weapon and upgraded it, why dont we just get the M16 Rifle or is it to expensive for us?

9. what have you based you opinions on? how do you actually know the M16 is 'cooler' than the SA80 in use. i trust you have fired both?? www

10. Don't get in a mood because you don't agree

11. The M16 is a 50 year old weapon, that is teribly unreliable. Land Rovers can go a few miles without needing refueling.

And I think your a walt, the L85A2 is one of the most acurate weapons.

12. Unisole, remember 99.9% need not apply.

13. Iv'e fired my uncles M16 in California and Ive fired the L85A2 rifle while was in the Army kadets haha i know its not the army but iv'e still fired one. compared them both the M16 didn't jam as much as the L85A2 rifle, also i felt more comfatable while holding and firing the rifle

14. Unisole, you seem to have little to no experience on which to base your views. Whereas a lot of people on here have extensive experience to back up theirs. Which is why you are going to lose.

-Edit (Just seen last post)

A2s in Cadets? Also, the SA80 is nicely balanced, the M16 seems front heavy to me. Oh well, just my view.

15. mysteron

HM Armed Forces will continue to be supplied with the L85A2 rifle for the forseeable future, to answer your question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.