US Army records first UAV kills

#1
US Army records first UAV kills

When Army scouts in Iraq spotted two men planting a roadside bomb Sept. 1, they called in a nearby Hunter unmanned aircraft, which dropped a laser-guided bomb and killed the two men. (Cont.)

Link to article.:

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2007/09/army_UAV_kills_070915w/

As far as I can determine the 'Hunter UAV,' hasn't been used by the CIA or USAF as it was designed for use by the US Army and Marine ground units.

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/hunter/

isaraeli influenece.:

http://www.fas.org/irp/program/collect/hunter.htm
 
#3
PassingBells said:
Didn't the Israelis do this a couple of years ago?
I don't know, and really don't care who was first, etc.

My article said "US Army records first UAV kills." I didn't say they were the first to use, only to use or last!

I do hope their are many more 'Kills.' :twisted: :wink:
 
#4
Trip_Wire said:
PassingBells said:
Didn't the Israelis do this a couple of years ago?
I don't know, and really don't care who was first, etc.

My article said "US Army records first UAV kills." I didn't say they were the first to use, only to use or last!

I do hope their are many more 'Kills.' :twisted: :wink:
Trip, at the very least the title is ambiguous...

Although I agree that this is the way technology is leading us, I hope that there are no more kills - ever!
 
#5
Big, fat, hairy deal. USAF and CIA have been in the game for about 5 years.

God, you're boring.
 
#7
tommy_cooker said:
shame they havn't made unmanned squaddies yet
They have - Tripwire, IQ not included. :D
 
#8
I still think snipers are more precise, and less expensive then some robot
 
#9
Chief_Joseph said:
I still think snipers are more precise, and less expensive then some robot
Chief, while that is true, robots are machines can be easily replaced with other machines. Snipers, are humans that can be killed and/or be wounded and only replaced with another human.

I'd rather see the dollars spent, on a machine that does the job, then lose a single soldier or marine or expose them to being wounded, etc. :wink:
 
#10
Trip_Wire said:
Chief_Joseph said:
I still think snipers are more precise, and less expensive then some robot
Chief, while that is true, robots are machines can be easily replaced with other machines. Snipers, are humans that can be killed and/or be wounded and only replaced with another human.

I'd rather see the dollars spent, on a machine that does the job, then lose a single soldier or marine or expose them to being wounded, etc. :wink:
Great, then raining death and destruction upon others simply becomes a matter of dollars and cents, and not a calculation of whether the electorate would stand for it- we all know that people pay a lot more attention to what their government is doing when it affects them.

War ceases to become a question of life and death for the policy maker. That's sure to be a good thing, right? :roll:
 
#11
Trip_Wire said:
US Army records first UAV kills

When Army scouts in Iraq spotted two men planting a roadside bomb Sept. 1, they called in a nearby Hunter unmanned aircraft, which dropped a laser-guided bomb and killed the two men. (Cont.)

Link to article.:

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2007/09/army_UAV_kills_070915w/

As far as I can determine the 'Hunter UAV,' hasn't been used by the CIA or USAF as it was designed for use by the US Army and Marine ground units.

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/hunter/

isaraeli influenece.:

http://www.fas.org/irp/program/collect/hunter.htm
Why don't you get a life? Is that all you do all day long just trawl through news? Go out and do some phys or something you boring twat.
 

Similar threads