US Army records first UAV kills

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Trip_Wire, Sep 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

US Army records first UAV kills

When Army scouts in Iraq spotted two men planting a roadside bomb Sept. 1, they called in a nearby Hunter unmanned aircraft, which dropped a laser-guided bomb and killed the two men. (Cont.)

Link to article.:

As far as I can determine the 'Hunter UAV,' hasn't been used by the CIA or USAF as it was designed for use by the US Army and Marine ground units.

isaraeli influenece.:
  2. Didn't the Israelis do this a couple of years ago?
  3. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

I don't know, and really don't care who was first, etc.

My article said "US Army records first UAV kills." I didn't say they were the first to use, only to use or last!

I do hope their are many more 'Kills.' :twisted: :wink:
  4. Trip, at the very least the title is ambiguous...

Although I agree that this is the way technology is leading us, I hope that there are no more kills - ever!
  5. Big, fat, hairy deal. USAF and CIA have been in the game for about 5 years.

God, you're boring.
  6. shame they havn't made unmanned squaddies yet
  7. They have - Tripwire, IQ not included. :D
  8. I still think snipers are more precise, and less expensive then some robot
  9. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Chief, while that is true, robots are machines can be easily replaced with other machines. Snipers, are humans that can be killed and/or be wounded and only replaced with another human.

I'd rather see the dollars spent, on a machine that does the job, then lose a single soldier or marine or expose them to being wounded, etc. :wink:
  10. Great, then raining death and destruction upon others simply becomes a matter of dollars and cents, and not a calculation of whether the electorate would stand for it- we all know that people pay a lot more attention to what their government is doing when it affects them.

War ceases to become a question of life and death for the policy maker. That's sure to be a good thing, right? :roll:
  11. Why don't you get a life? Is that all you do all day long just trawl through news? Go out and do some phys or something you boring twat.