US Army makes it official: Green Class A’s done

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Trip_Wire, Aug 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Army makes it official: Green Class A’s done

By Gina Cavallaro - Staff writer
    Posted : Wednesday Aug 20, 2008 9:24:47 EDT

The days of the green Class A’s are over.

The Army’s plan to make dress blues the only Army Service Uniform has been approved and soldiers who own the uniform are encouraged to begin wearing it now, the Army announced Wednesday.

The move to eliminate the green uniform is designed to streamline soldiers’ clothing bags while modernizing the way the traditional blue uniform is worn.

The new wear policy was announced Wednesday in an Army-wide message from Chief of Staff Gen. George Casey and Sgt. Maj. of the Army Kenneth Preston.

Link:

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/08/army_newblueuniform_082008w/

Attached Files:

2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

You do post some drivel, don't you?

3. Never be caught dead in that.

4. Thought it was supposed to be blue? He looks like he's wearing Joseph's technicolour dreamcoat.

5. What's the full uniform for geezer's look like, Trippy? Would you happen to have any piccies, because the uniform for Dorises doesn't look too shabby?

Also, does anybody know if this is equivalent to No 1s or No 2s in the "proppa" army?

MsG

6. I thought this was going to be about organically grown heroin.

7. That is....well...just...oh my...jesus christ...I can’t even think where to begin. It's so ludicrously fcuking stupid looking that I don’t have to try to take the pi$$ out of it, its does it all by itself.
    :D

8. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

I don't have one; however, here is the female one with blouse. :wink:

Attached Files:

9. Is her wig come off with her hat?

If the US army has done away with black boots and switched over to timbees
    any tips how to shine to glass those boots in your first pic

10. Cheers for that, Trippy. So is it just that geezers wear a forage cap with basically the same uniform as the biddies (minus the bulgy bits for the Bristols, obviously), or what?

MsG

11. The pathfinder badge he has hanging off the pocket looks dumb as hell. Glad I don't have to worry about wearing that uniform now. He looks like an air force puke.

12. Is he wearing cullottes, thats so 1989

13. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Did you read the announcement?

1.) Berets can be worn with all the variations of the uniform.

1a.) The Service hat (Picture below) will be optional, unless specified by command for berets or the Service hat.)

2.) The bloused black boots will only be worn by people in the Airborne, Rangers Military police (On duty) and Special Forces soldiers. Others will wear low quarter's or boots not bloused.

3.) The male uniform in the picture w/white shirt is what we call a Class 'B' uniform. The wearing of the blue blouse would make it a Class 'A' uniform. I have no idea about your military's uniform designations, compared to ours.

There isn't a whole lot of difference between the female blouse and the male version.

The class 'B' version will be nice for hot climates, where the majority of our bases and forts are located. (AL, NC, GA. etc.)

BTW: You can view pictures of various Blue and other US uniforms here:

http://www.marlowwhite.com/army/uniforms/service-dress-blue/nco-male.html

Attached Files:

14. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

I didn't see a path finder badge on the uniform. If he was to wear a path finder badge it would be on the left breast.

The right side there are places for mini-metal versions of their combat patch and the unit assigned patch. Notice the female has a 3rd ID combat patch.

15. That looks awful. They should just keep the full blues for fall/winter and gone back to the old summer khakis.

The summer khakis were sharp looking.