US army ditches Velcro from its uniforms

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by msr, Jun 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. Fook me I could have told them that . . . I hope the US Army asks for the laboons back too.
  3. Do the US Army have the intelligence to use anything else??
  4. Percy_Pigeon

Percy_Pigeon War Hero Book Reviewer

5. Here's us being oh so smug, remember we have only just introduced velcro, five years after the US!
  6. to be fair, its got to be better than sewing badges to everything
  7. They're only removing it from their trouser pockets, it's not like they're binning it completely.
  8. We had velcro fasteners on combat kit back in 1978 if I remember well.
  9. not in big patches on our sleeves
  10. It'll never happen. The resources required to teach 548,000 yanks to tie their own bootlaces are anything but academic.
  11. I thought the velcro was so that the bloods and crips knew what their regulation hair length was meant to be, ouch my wife just punched me that was not politically correct, looks like its dinner for one tonight....
  12. I think your right this it what i read
  13. Its interesting that the USMC never really went for velcro and lots of stick on badges. Buttons were always good enough for them.
  14. I'm sure they're refering to velcro you would use at critical times, ie when you're meant to be tactical such at on pockets and down the front of jackets. I don't think changing brigade flashes etc is exactly vital when the enemy is close enough to hear you changing them.
  15. 5Alpha will be spinning in his "hood" when he reads that!