US Army battles to keep soldiers

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Jan 6, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3371225.stm

Does that mean that Bluppet , in his enthusiam to emulate all things Spam , will stop the proposed cuts, and bunce us in?

WhoooooHoooooo

Don't hold your breath :?

2. What the firk does "maintain cohesion" mean? Perhaps we should try it here-not that we have a morale problem-not really

4. Surely thats dependant upon the job they take when they get out?

Or am I just stating the obvious?

But I do Agree $3,333 isn't a particularly good incentive

TTFN

BFG

5. youve got to remember the poor old yanks have now relised why brits are so good on ops cos of the experince of the man on the ground its somthing theve never had and now their budget is going to start pinching on human resources 3333.33 usd per man per year is a sound investment than the cost of training new crows and remember yanks are tax free overseas and they have cheap px's on home bases

6. You may not have caught this report from the New Zealand newspaper 'Hawke's Bay Today' - dated December 30 2003

No mention of a 'bounty' for, the the aptly named, WO Eagle.

7. GIs Scoff At Re-Enlistment Bonus

8. This is nothing new , the Yanks have always done this. Certain trades are always in short supply. A few years ago the same/similar incentive was given to some trades to serve in Korea for example.

BTW , CG . Lets see, Pvt Johnny Rock get's $25000 a year to stag on , He signs on for a few more and get $28330 to do the same. DUhhh . Guess Johnny Rock ain't so dumb after all.

Try asking "Any" Brit to stay in for any extra cash. Just like the Air Corps or the R.Sigs did/do. How many takers???.

9. This is nothing new , the Yanks have always done this. certain trades are always in short supply. A few years ago the same/similar incentive was given to some trades to serve in Korea for example.

BTW , CG . Lets see,Johnny Rock get's $25000 a year to stag on , He signs on for a few more and get $28330 to do the same. DUhhh . Guess Johnny Rock ain't so dumb after all.

Try asking "Any" Brit to stay in for an extra cash. Just like the Air Corps or the R.Sigs did. how many takers???.

10. Second point CG.

1. HTF would anyone know how much a SPAM might make in civ employment in the USA? What trade are we talking?. Not that much call for snipers except in Maryland.

2. I must be old or something but I only hear about Cpl Smith who left and is now the Director of a Multi-millon dollar company with , oh, three or four ex Col's working there. Never hear about Tpr Jones the down and out in London or Sgt Fred Brown, top man and now a walking targert for Group 4.

3. Been to the Dentist and had a beer. Hence my postings.

11. old_bloke is right, they have been doing this for years. I was offered $30000 for another 6 years.