US Army adopts Cavalry Stetson Hat as Standard Head gear

Discussion in 'US' started by Goldbricker, Apr 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Yeee Haaaaa
  2. The date today is 1 April.
  3. As ever, their sense of humour shines through and they don't work very hard to ensure people are fooled for very long!

Reminder of the Army stable belt that was featured in Soldier a few years ago - we had an ex CO who fell for it hook line and sinker, became very agitated he wasn't going to be able to wear his beloved regimental one any longer
  4. I hear you pongo's are re-adopting the Pith Helmet for much the same reasons?
  5. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Maybe we should re-claim the slouch hat from those pesky colonials:

BTB Good to see the US Army has a sense of humour. It's sometimes very uptight about uniforms etc
  6. I remember that, it was rainbow coloured so it didnt look aggressive and designed by some french bloke/bird called Avril. The letters page got quite a few letters from the outraged, but didnt print their names.
    I think thats the only time they have ever got a major reaction to a wind up.
  7. Shame they gave the game away at the very end. I'd have liked to have seen some reaction.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. It was identified as a very obvious fake as soon as it was released because it made sense and would have been popular. Automatic disqualifier for credibility.

10. Is that horse wearing a strap-on?
  11. Yes.

The 11th ACR unit insignia used to show a 'fully-equipped' stallion.

The current patch, not so much.

Some of us prefer the old version.

12. Ahh, but you're wearing the 1889 Campaign Hat, the typical US Army "Stetson is Dark Blue and based on the 1855 "Hardee Hat" with Hollywood modifications.
  13. Shame,that is one nice hat!