US Apache takes out 8 BGs — Video

That'll learn them.

LISpace said:
Why do they say 'Sir' on the net? I've heard Americans do this before. Why is this?
It might be that the chaps are in the ARMY and that some of them call their Warrant officers and officers Sir.

Issi said:
LISpace said:
Why do they say 'Sir' on the net? I've heard Americans do this before. Why is this?
It might be that the chaps are in the ARMY and that some of them call their Warrant officers and officers Sir.
On the net? We don't do it, the c/s is sufficient. Why transmit more than you need to?

ugly

LE
LISpace said:
Issi said:
LISpace said:
On the net? We don't do it, the c/s is sufficient. Why transmit more than you need to?
Its a Yank way of doing things, a bit like the met plod way you know 12 rounds to the head when an ordinary "You're nicked son!" would do! :wink:

More often than not, it's just being polite. Just a lot of people in the US will default to saying 'sir' even in the civilian world, though it's more often than not someone either ex-military or brought up by a military dad who will do so.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
You think they got em?

hiv always wondered how the us gets away with using such ordinance like this when the british in northern ireland didnt employ air strikes, looking at the footage its clear to see that besides taking out these insurgents, the house they where standing in front of was completly destroyed along with any women and children that may of being inside it, also the house on the other side of the road towards the chopper took some 30mm hits though the roof possibly also causing deaths, so while we may have 8 confirmed dead bad guys, they may of just recruted another 10 or 20 people from this attack