US airplane down in Iran...

Passengers included five senior American generals and three civilians, the report said.

14:20 07Oct08 RTRS-Iran report says U.S. plane violated its territory
TEHRAN, Oct 7 (Reuters) - An Iranian news agency said on Tuesday that a U.S. military aircraft had violated Iranian territory unintentionally and had been forced to land in Iran.
The semi-official Fars News Agency did not say when the incident happened.
It said five senior U.S. military officials had been interrogated at an Iranian airport and released a day later after it became clear the U.S. plane had not entered intentionally.

And the Yanks are saying it didn't happen. I'd wait for the pictures to be published (and I would have thought the Iranians would have made sure there were plenty) before accepting this story as true.

smudge67 said:
What were the septics dropping off in Iran???
Exactly, if true how on earth do you 'accidentally' fly into Iranian airspace?? :roll:

Mali said:
smudge67 said:
Exactly, if true how on earth do you 'accidentally' fly into Iranian airspace?? :roll:
Same as map reading errors in S Armagh :oops:

Alsacien said:
Seems after a quick body search revealed no ipods they were all released - this sounds very strange...... :?
wonder if they got a suit each

I have a strongly suspect Israel are about to get a strongly worded 'Shut the Fcuk up and stop sabre rattling about Iran or else' "diplomatic communique"

Forced down and released a day later?? Oh of course. This is the sort of administration that would have rammed this straight onto the front page "Iranian madmen have our boys"

I hope a day was long enough to get everything they needed to get done.

BrunoNoMedals

LE
Kit Reviewer

Fugly

LE
DirtyBAT
smudge67 said:
Thats the difference between our defence budget and theirs. We sent a gullible matelot to drop an iPod off, they use Generals....

Do the USAF use the Falcon?

I thought they used Gulfstreams?

in_the_cheapseats said:
And the Yanks are saying it didn't happen. I'd wait for the pictures to be published (and I would have thought the Iranians would have made sure there were plenty) before accepting this story as true.
I'd check any pictures published very carefully for evidence of photoshopping...

msr