US Aircraft Carrier Series on PBS

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by AndyPipkin, May 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I watched it on the telly. Excellent documentary. Focuses 100% on the crew, not the hardware.

2. cant wait till we get our carriers

(Pictures me flying F-35 :D)
  3. You may still have a long wait...
  4. Thanks Pipkin, good documentry
  5. You aint gonna get carriers, no way, no how, its all bullsh.
  6. basically shows you why you shouldnt join the navy. There all bored out of their minds stuck on that boat for such long periods of time.
  7. Yes, and in the Army we never get bored!!!
  8. but your not stuck on a boat in the middle of an ocean
  9. I'm going to be stuck in the middle of a desert.
  10. Watched it all last weekend after the link got posted on a Navy board I occasionally visit. Funny how similar and how different it is to life in a RN CVS (given the obvious difference is scales).
  11. Great series. Mostly because it is largely uncensored and the crew actually get to speak their minds. The damn thing even shows a disciplinary session where a sailor gets punished for having alcoholic beverages on board the ship. You never see that in this age of political correctness.

I spent many a month on a navy assault ship and seeing the series on TV brought back many many memories.

What I found rather amusing was the fact that a lot of the sailors openly expressed their views on the war in Iraq. And it was none of the rehearsed and canned views about fighting "over there so we don't have to fight them over here" crap you hear from some PFC who knows SgtMaj is standing over his shoulder.

Highly recommended this series is. Highly recommended.