US Airborne School graduates first class of T-11 jumpers

Hey, Trippy! Really nice to see you back, ole buddy. :D :D :D

Interesting article, by the way. Are the new 'chutes on general issue for all para-trained troops, or reserved for SF?

MsG

All Airborne Troops making Static Line Jumps!

40 years ago I used a modifed T10 for freefall for a couple of years after crushing L4/L5. That was a real slow standup landing canopy so the T11 must be really slow and soft.
Parachuting for wimps or BFF's!

It would be interesting to see if there's a change in jump related injuries with this new chute.

ghost_us said:
Tartan_Terrier said:
ronnie12398 said:
It's a tent!

What's the main advantage with the design? Stability? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I know next to nothing about parachuting.
It's designed to allow for a slow steady rate of descent while increasing the weight capacity of it's predecessor.
Correct ghost_us! I wonder about it's use on a 'hot' DZ, but I guess we'll not be doing many of those.

ghost_us said:
Tartan_Terrier said:
ronnie12398 said:
It's a tent!

What's the main advantage with the design? Stability? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I know next to nothing about parachuting.
It's designed to allow for a slow steady rate of descent while increasing the weight capacity of it's predecessor.
Correct ghost_us! I wonder about it's use on a 'hot' DZ, but I guess we'll not be doing many of those.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U.S.Paratrooper Military History and Militaria 7
P The Intelligence Cell 0
S Infantry 0