• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

US Airborne School graduates first class of T-11 jumpers

Hey, Trippy! Really nice to see you back, ole buddy. :D :D :D

Interesting article, by the way. Are the new 'chutes on general issue for all para-trained troops, or reserved for SF?

MsG

40 years ago I used a modifed T10 for freefall for a couple of years after crushing L4/L5. That was a real slow standup landing canopy so the T11 must be really slow and soft.
Parachuting for wimps or BFF's!

ghost_us said:
Tartan_Terrier said:
ronnie12398 said:
It's a tent!

What's the main advantage with the design? Stability? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I know next to nothing about parachuting.
It's designed to allow for a slow steady rate of descent while increasing the weight capacity of it's predecessor.
Correct ghost_us! I wonder about it's use on a 'hot' DZ, but I guess we'll not be doing many of those.

ghost_us said:
Tartan_Terrier said:
ronnie12398 said:
It's a tent!

What's the main advantage with the design? Stability? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I know next to nothing about parachuting.
It's designed to allow for a slow steady rate of descent while increasing the weight capacity of it's predecessor.
Correct ghost_us! I wonder about it's use on a 'hot' DZ, but I guess we'll not be doing many of those.

Latest Threads