Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

US Air Force demotes & fires Colonel for letting staff re-enlist with hand puppet dinosaur

I would have held out for Emperor Palpatine. One reenlistment that I heard of was of a Vietnamese-American which took place in Iraq in 2005-6. He insisted on having the flag of the Republic of South Vietnam present as well as the American flag. Where they found a RVN flag in Iraq I don't know, but they did. Kooky. Nice kid though.

Reenlist 1.png
My Work Pictures 234.jpg
My Work Pictures 235.jpg

Like Bugsy I took the Oath in 1966 when I was of the really mature age of 15 and 3/4s and all it was we were lined up in the OC Recruiting's office and did the "Repeat after me" bit. I had no real idea what that actually meant other than they then paid me over £9 in one day's pay, travel exes and a meal allowance. More money than I had ever had!

Re-enlistment was really emotional with a clerk in the Orderly Room saying "Sign here". Done.

What a stupid over-reaction. It's not like firing confetti at a 21 gun salute during a royal funeral. I don't suppose it's because the Nazi salute bit is to do with god bothering? Religious septics tend to get a bit worked up about their invisible dictator. Why does re-enlistment need a ceremony anyway?

Was that in January or February of 1966 as you never can quite remember the lie very well.
Both dates, he got two Bob! To pay for the funerals of his family that were murdered twice by the British Army.
He was also the youngest person enlisting. They don't have drummer boys in the Catering Corps anymore, but if they did, he'd re-enlist.

Serious question but what specifically is re-enlistment.

I understand the word obviously in terms of rejoining the NG/Army after a period of absence (ie left the army and joined the NG two years later).

But a lot of the ceremonies seem to take place in Iraq/Afghanistan and I assume the soldier would already be enlisted in order to be there in the first place.

I'm just surprised creationists aren't going mental over this, aren't there plenty of yanks who think dinosaurs were false flag operation

Serious question but what specifically is re-enlistment.

I understand the word obviously in terms of rejoining the NG/Army after a period of absence (ie left the army and joined the NG two years later).

But a lot of the ceremonies seem to take place in Iraq/Afghanistan and I assume the soldier would already be enlisted in order to be there in the first place.

If they are already serving, its effectively extending their service fo x amount of years
I think If they enlist on operations they dont have to pay tax on any sign-on bonus that they get.

Ta. I hadn’t really given it a lot of thought and that makes sense.

I guess that it is what I thought was termed “re-upping”

Crikey @jim30, that has to be up there as one of the most difficult thread titles to assimilate here on ARRSE - I had to read it three or four times before it clicked! :smile:

Last edited:
A good lawyer ought to be able to get all charges dropped and ranks re-instated simply by citing precedent.

To whit - the case of Garrison & Hat vs United States Army (1999).

1524147841575.png

Last edited:
This was a topic of discussion on Xbox Live last night with some buddies of mine. We came to the conclusion that the Colonel who got canned, was on somebodies shit list and this event was the one they used to give him the boot. Granted in today's age recording anything is beyond F8cking stupid. It can and will be used against you.