US abuses prisoners!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dui-lai, Apr 29, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. shades or rather nightmares of the Canadian Airborne in Somalia.. anyone remember Shedane Arou ?

incident cost the Canadian government $ 10,000 in camels as reparations and the disbandonment of the Regiment as a punishment...

doubt much will happen US wise except for some dismissals and demotions...

big oops..

hearts and minds - when will they learn?
  2. disgusting and all should be punished to the fullest extent :!:
  3. The really ironic part is that this alleged abuse took place at the Abu Ghraib jail in Baghdad. For those who don't know, this is where Saddam's opponents were tortured, and it gained such a reputation that it's existence was used as justification for invading.

And the Americans still don't understand why the locals want them to leave ...
  4. Possibly the worst thing that could happen.

Why don't we just start wearing bright pink 'I hate Islam underpants' outside our combats too.

I know an entire nation can't be held accountable for the actions of so few but this is just taking the piss.

Theres no WMDs so the justification was freedom from tyranny and torture.......... only to be tortured by the liberaters.

5. I agree. This sort of thing makes us look bad as well. Does any one else remember similar allegations levelled at us brits last year though when PoWs were shown with sandbags on the heads, hands tied? Although to someone 'in the know' there is considerable difference between what we did back then and what the yanks are being accused of now, any time in future PoWs are shown with hoods on it will be brought back to this nasty and unpleasant incident. The public perception of the military's handling of prisoners has been ruined.
  6. they really should be ashamed to call themselves soldiers
  7. Ctauch, as a Septic, what is the general feeling in the US towards this?
  8. pretty shocking stuff, like you say - when wil they learn? in the paperone of the accused was saying he had no rules, guidelines etc - what is he? a f***ing retard? trained MP and doesn't know the rules....Red Neck?!

9. It leaves me neally speachless that this has happened. I hope they are taken to courts martial and have the book slung at them as an example. Its a bloody disgrace. Whether these prisoners are murderers, terrorists or not, those in charge of the prisoners had a duty to their care. Even the most basic level of decency would have prevented this, which leads me to believe that those responsible have no decency and were fully aware of what they were doing. Blaiming it on lack of training? What a complete load of cack.
  10. All well said.

A disgrace...and inexcusable. Training, rules, guidelines....any form of 'excuse' does not excuse a proper sense of human decency which is what we are supposed to have liberated these people to acheive. And then these idiots do this.

I hope these 'soldiers' are happy when more of their countrymen die because of the hundreds of Iraqis they've just convinced to attack the Allies.
  11. Plus the guy's a prison warden in civvy street.
  12. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O :evil: :evil: :evil:
  13. I've just read through some of the case studies on this website.......... shiit !! Put a chill up and down my spine. Gave me the impression everyone is after some luving in US jails whether the recipient wants it or not.