US 2008 Defense Budget - $622bn

AndyPipkin said:
If FCS is binned I expect FRES will follow - after all, it was basically just a 'watching brief' on US and EU developments.
What are you talking about? We've already got FRES! It's called FV432/III "Bulldog".

With war costs included, defense spending in 2008 would be higher than it has been since World War II, said Steven Kosiak, director of budget studies at the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments (CSBA).

If the requested total is not cut by Congress, the 2008 budget will mark 10 years of robust growth in military spending. The current run-up began in 1999, when the budget was $276.2 billion.
Much like our budget here then????? :shakefist: :shakefist:

SP

Snagglepuss said:
With war costs included, defense spending in 2008 would be higher than it has been since World War II, said Steven Kosiak, director of budget studies at the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments (CSBA).

If the requested total is not cut by Congress, the 2008 budget will mark 10 years of robust growth in military spending. The current run-up began in 1999, when the budget was $276.2 billion.
Much like our budget here then????? :shakefist: :shakefist:

SP
I think our budget is £2.40 and a lint covered Basset mint, all courtesy of Broon's back pocket. :frustrated:

AndyPipkin said:
http://defensenews.com/story.php?F=2528090&C=america

If FCS is binned I expect FRES will follow - after all, it was basically just a 'watching brief' on US and EU developments.
FRES is not linked to FCS. We have specifically avoided doing so after getting bitten by TRACER, which folded when the US pulled the plug on their side.

FRES also isn't a "watching brief" on EU developments - if it was we wouldn't have pulled out of the European consortium in MRAV/Boxer.

The bottom line is that no-one knows what FRES will be yet....

How are the US linked to Fres - is this another joint venture with the US?

And trying to find something on FCS I found this game

Welcome to the battlefield of the future!
F2C2 was created by Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) to help explain the Future Combat Systems (FCS) program to soldiers in an interactive environment. The game depicts the 18 FCS systems, all connected via the FCS System of Systems Common Operating Environment, supporting the 21st century soldier.

Although F2C2 is best experienced when the player has a working knowledge of Army concepts and terminology, anyone can play! F2C2 may seem hard at first if you haven’t had Army training, but there are tutorials available. Prepare to be challenged!
Not had a go yet, but intend to tonight :threaten: