URL's not working

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by polar69, Nov 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Usually I can click a link from the home page and it will go to the related thread, now Im just getting

This web page is not available.

The web page at http://www.arrse.co.uk/intelligence-cell/138940-indulgence-flights.html might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

More information on this error
    Below is the original error message

Error 330 (net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED): Unknown error.

For some, not all threads, this example is from the Indulgence threads link.

Im using chrome as my browser, am I the only one with this problem ?

2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

This is a chrome-related problem:

Browsing and Error 330 (net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED): Error desconocido - Google Chrome Help

See the posts towards the bottom, particularly:

That link is fine for me in chrome and I use Chrome most of the time without problem on ARRSE. If that thread is not use - are you up to date? (spanner icon->about, look for a green tick at the bottom - 7.0.517.44). How often do you get it?

3. Chrome is up to date, Im getting the error now

4. But if I use internet explorer it works.

5. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

It's a problem that is specific to chrome. If you search for your error you will find nothing but posts about Chrome. Did you try the fix in that thread that I quoted above?

6. Looking at the solution now, might be related to my company proxy and chrome, in which case the easy fix is to use IE