[url]www.rmpinbusiness.com[/url]

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by doghead, Dec 31, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have just been browsing the Decembers Corps Rag and found this web site in one of the articles, have had a quick look, was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with them?

Is it the usual pish of jobs for the boys?

Anyway I'm out soon, and pooing it cause I need a job.

And yes I know, whos gonna employ an ex Monkey ****?

2. Cheers CC_TA am currently sending off for everything! Have got quite a few packs through, the Civ Pol at the moment are being a nightmare, no one seems to be recruiting in my gereral area so will have to get revising the make up of the Big Mac!!

3. I will offer a piece of general advice for any RMP looking to join a civilian police force.

Direct police officer recruitment is sluggish at the moment; a massive expansion has taken place over the last two years. However, they always need replacements but nowadays it takes longer. My hint is that you should consider joining a police force as "Police Staff" (i.e. non-sworn police support staff) for a period of time as it speeds up regular officer applications considerably.

In my force, members of Police Staff are fast-tracked if they want to become a constable.

So, for example, RMP has a good reputation for crime scene work. Get a job as a CSI, learn more about your force, get that application in and bingo. Or a job as an analyst or a communications centre bod or anything like that. SIB? No reason that you can't apply to work as an "investigations officer" (civvy CID basically). Police "reform" means recruiting more non-sworn staff, so there are jobs out there. And it is a very useful back door into The Job if that's what you want to do.

V!