URL text colour

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by VerminWA, Aug 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm having problems differentiating between normal text the URL's, I am colour blind but not to a massive degree so I'm sure I can't be the only one? Still I'm preparing for lots of abuse calling me a mong!

2. Call me a mong, but do you mean you can't see posted links?

3. Me too. It was that crappy desert background. Go into your preferences, on your profile, and change it to a nice white background.

You can see the URLs properly and don't look like a walt, in the office.

4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Nope it's not just you. The links no longer show up in blue in the Desert Cam skin, so I end up running my poor old mouse all over the thread to find any URLs that may be there.

GCO - I know that this has been mentioned before & that there is a lot of coding work being done, but is a fix in the pipeline?

5. You mean the fact that the hyperlinks look the same as normal text, with just an underline on mousover?

I find that makes them a bit difficult to spot too, if they're in a paragraph of text rather than on a seperate line.

I wouldn't think it would be too big a job to change the relevent class in the CSS style sheet to fix it, though.

6. Yes. Same problem with me.

7. Don't why you want to call you a mong but here goes.......Trevelez you're a mong! :(

I can't tell its a URL due to the colours of the text being too close together!

8. Cheers Vermin :D I'm off to pub with my laboon!

9. Been there, done that and burnt my retinas out! As I get paid very well to surf the web all day, the white background gets too much after a while. :)

10. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Sorry, I forgot about this as I've been using the white one. I'll get it sorted tomorrow when I've got a moment.

11. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Should now be sorted. I'm not a big fan of the new link colour, but I guess it is around .5 on the importance scale and I'll get used to it!

As usual for this sort of change you will have to do a full page refresh in your web browser to see the difference. This can be done by pressing the Ctrl and F5 keys together on a windows machine. For Macs, Linux etc, if you don't know how to do it, you'll have to use Google! Sorry.

12. Let's have a look...

www.google.com

edit: hmm, just about, like a dark greeny colour

13. Thanks very muchly Good CO! Much better!

14. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Nor me, but the fact is that the links stand out now & we can see them. In the relative scale of things, the colours matter not
    ( although flashing DPM would have looked really cool!!! :) )

Many thanks for your very prompt and effective solution GCO, as with all
    your work it is much appreciated.