URL text colour

I'm having problems differentiating between normal text the URL's, I am colour blind but not to a massive degree so I'm sure I can't be the only one? Still I'm preparing for lots of abuse calling me a mong!

Me too. It was that crappy desert background. Go into your preferences, on your profile, and change it to a nice white background.

You can see the URLs properly and don't look like a walt, in the office.

Nope it's not just you. The links no longer show up in blue in the Desert Cam skin, so I end up running my poor old mouse all over the thread to find any URLs that may be there.

GCO - I know that this has been mentioned before & that there is a lot of coding work being done, but is a fix in the pipeline?

You mean the fact that the hyperlinks look the same as normal text, with just an underline on mousover?

I find that makes them a bit difficult to spot too, if they're in a paragraph of text rather than on a seperate line.

I wouldn't think it would be too big a job to change the relevent class in the CSS style sheet to fix it, though.

Gremlin said:
Nope it's not just you. The links no longer show up in blue in the Desert Cam skin, so I end up running my poor old mouse all over the thread to find any URLs that may be there.
Yes. Same problem with me.

Trevelez said:
Call me a mong, but do you mean you can't see posted links?
Don't why you want to call you a mong but here goes.......Trevelez you're a mong! :(

I can't tell its a URL due to the colours of the text being too close together!

StabTiffy2B said:
Go into your preferences, on your profile, and change it to a nice white background.

You can see the URLs properly and don't look like a walt, in the office.
Been there, done that and burnt my retinas out! As I get paid very well to surf the web all day, the white background gets too much after a while. :)

Sorry, I forgot about this as I've been using the white one. I'll get it sorted tomorrow when I've got a moment.

Should now be sorted. I'm not a big fan of the new link colour, but I guess it is around .5 on the importance scale and I'll get used to it!

As usual for this sort of change you will have to do a full page refresh in your web browser to see the difference. This can be done by pressing the Ctrl and F5 keys together on a windows machine. For Macs, Linux etc, if you don't know how to do it, you'll have to use Google! Sorry.

Good CO said:
Should now be sorted. I'm not a big fan of the new link colour, but I guess it is around .5 on the importance scale and I'll get used to it!
Nor me, but the fact is that the links stand out now & we can see them. In the relative scale of things, the colours matter not
( although flashing DPM would have looked really cool!!! :) )

Many thanks for your very prompt and effective solution GCO, as with all
your work it is much appreciated.