Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by msr, Jun 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

The Spending Challenge is your chance to shape the way government works, and help us get more for less as we try to bring down the deficit. It’s open initially to people who work in our public sector.

This week’s Budget set out a 25 per cent cut in spending for most departments over four years. Now, we want you to help us find those savings so we can cut public spending in a way that is fair and responsible. You work on the frontline of public services. You know where things are working well, where the waste is, and where we can re-think things so that we get better services for less money.

Submit your idea: http://spendingchallenge.hm-treasury.gov.uk/

2. I don't work in the Public Services, so could someone plz forward my idea, you can take the credit if you so wish.

Stop giving our fcuking money to every other cnut oversea's, look after no1.
  3. That's admirably selfless of you, and I'd certainly support it, but I'm a bit concerned as to how you are all going to manage?
  4. How's about no benefits payments to the families of migrant workers? No grants to migrant workers either.
    Or an end to healthcare tourists? (nothing other than emergency treatment without insurance)
    No more winter fuel payments to those who elect to live abroad?
    How about state owned munitions manfacture?
    CCTV hasn't seen any meaningful reduction in crime, time to stop spending money on it?
    Impose a toll on foreign hauliers coming into the UK, would level the playing field for UK hauliers.
    I sincerly hope that no union is getting cash from the taxpayer now?
    Cut EU contributions, by a huge proportion right now.

Send the Afghan's a bill for security services provided to date. A substantial share of Afghanistans mineral wealth revenue over the next 25 years should cover it.
  5. msr

msr LE

I don't think you have got the hang of this interwibble yet ;)
  6. i just get a blank page when i click the link
  7. Have government set an example that what you buy now you pay for now and if you can't afford it then you do without until you can. In other words, stop chucking public money at the private sector under PFI and similar extortion rackets - you're only encouraging them.

It really doesn't matter whether they'll be looking for an executive director with a 'proven track record in public/private partnerships' in five years' time, it's still blatant thievery.
  8. I haven't? Bugger, what did I get wrong? 8O
  9. So let me get this straight, we elect a wedge of MPs have a massive Civil Service and they're asking us what to do?

Firstly stop paying MPs anything, they managed alright pre 1911.
    Secondly bin overseas aid, we're broke and should exhibit prudence.
    Lastly pull out of Afghanistan, save us a few bob and more importantly lives.

Oh and shoot Tony Blair, won't save money, but will make me feel better.
  10. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Would that include not giving English tax payers money to NI?

Why does being born with white skin on a group of islands off the cost of Europe make people entitled to other people's money? People in this country have already had the opportunity to have a free education they get more than enough tax payers money thrown at them.

I'd rather see it spent properly on overseas aid that may lift some people out of real poverty and might create investments that lead to them becoming trading partners.
  11. What about my own taxes that go to a certain person in London to count up and distribute, do they not count?
  12. I think you are missing the point; we don't have any money Brown and Blair pissed it all away. We're giving money WE DON'T HAVE to India which is so poor that they can run a space agency sending rockets into the sky.

Charity begins at home, when NICE let our people have all the drugs they need and hospitals stop ripping off people for parking fees, then and ONLY then should we consider overseas aid.
    You wanted independance? You've got it! Now go awey and stop bothering me.
  13. That nice person in London sends back about five or six quid for every £4 you send him.

Many of us would prefer it if he were not so generous and you just kept your £4.
  14. Oww so the Union is just money at the end the day, maybe then you should thank yer ancestor's for coming over here on a jolly boy's fcuking outing then.
  15. No, mine came the other way. So I'm doubly opposed to having to keep sending money over :D