[url]http://areyoualeader.co.uk/[/url]

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Jan 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. That looks like a very well put together website you've got their. Haven't gone through the whole thing but what I've seen is excellent.

I did notice that out of all the activities in that video... I've done nearly none of them!! But I feel that's a reflection on my unit and not yours.

T C

3. Right, msr. I have four big problems with the video on that site.

1. Where the frikkin hell is the hang-gliding, skiing and abseiling? Are you suggesting people might want to join the TA in order to soldier? Did I say "?"? I meant "??!".

2. It's all big machines and fighting, fighting, fighting. WE WANT TO SEE CHEFS! At least you included the Mandatory Medics.

3. No cheesy strapline or chat in pub. COME ON. PUB!

4. I could only think of three problems.

4. msr

msr LE

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP. Unload.

This is nothing to do with me, just a tip off I received.

msr

5. Apparently my leadership style is "Affiliative". Which is odd because I was pretty sure it was "Stalinist"...

6. Looks a good site but never fear, the adv trg is in there!

From the profile
    “I regularly go away for adventure training. I’ve been to New Zealand where I did bungee jumping and white water rafting, the Pyranees and Andora where we did skiing, glacier walking and canyoning and Vietnam where we climbed Fansipan Mountain, the country’s highest peak and visited the world heritage site Halong Bay,” he said.

7. Gotcha, msr. Plausible deniability. :wink: Will it be "wet ops" next? We hope so! Ooh! Suits you!

8. Phew.

9. We used to go to Trauen a lot...

10. according to that I am a "Participative (Creates ideas; builds commitment)" Leader

which is nice...

11. im directive

12. Participative (Creates ideas; builds commitment)

,,,and thats what happens when you've been to so many management speak meetings !

13. I remember getting OK Travel from the TAC to Otterburn in the 80s. That was an adventure in its own right.

14. apparently I am coaching which surprises me as I thought "bloody rude" was more suitable but as I have just managed PCSO's for 2 1/2 years I think "coach" sums it up.

Trotsky

15. pace setting leads by example 8O. If only the army would lower its standards to mine .I wouldn't follow me.