Urgent problem with my medical forms

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by spartan300, Jun 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My medical forms got processed at lichfield but I got rejected for life because they are under the impression that I have serious OCD (Obessive Complusive Disorder) and they will not be able to supply me with medication in remote locations.I had a OCD tendencies when I was a kid but got over by myself I was never officially diagnosed by a doctor with OCD I am unaffected by it now and it's like I never had it. Will they reconsider as I don't have an OCD problem and have never needed nor required medication it's just a complete misunderstanding. I am really starting to worry now that i will never get in.
  2. If you dont suffer with it not, did you need to put it down on the medical forms?
    I didn't know there was medication for OCD?
  3. If you were never officially diagnosed with it, how is it on your med forms?
  4. I can't quite remember but I think one of the questions was do you have OCD and I put yes not thinking because I had it in the past. Please tell me this problem can be resolved. I also had to see a therapist due to depression and I told her about my problem as a kid and I she sent a letter to my GP just to update him but my words were taken out of context and I think she must have assumed that I still have a problem.
  5. I think the med forms have a list of all med problems like have you self harded in the past, do you suffer problems with this or that, have you broken sprained anything???
    You just tick yes or no.
  6. I don't know if it can be resolved and this isn't going to help now, but you should never 'officially' confess to having anything you've not been diagnosed with by a medical professional.
  7. I think I may end up trying for the R.A.F so would they request the medical form from lichfield or would you do another one. I have also got my GP to write a letter saying that I do not suffer with OCD and have never needed medication do you think this will help.
  8. It would be a fresh start at the RAF I think.
  9. The RAF will still look at medical records and if there is a letter in there from a therapist about depression they won't ignore it and if it goes into detail about OCD then the RAF may look at the situation in the same manner that the Army do.
  10. So is this a 50/50 situation in that it can go either way
  11. When / if you apply for the RAF they will ask if you have ever been refused for the other Services. As your answer "should" be yes they will want to know the reason.

Edited to add: if you are rejected on medical grounds for one service I would imagine that the other services would also reject.
  12. I should not be rejected though because I don't have the medical condition they said no for and I don't need medication.
  13. Get onto your ACIO mate and tell them the score
  14. Thanks for the help guys like I said before my GP is sending a letter to say I don't have OCD nor do I need medication so I guess I will just hope for the best. Wish me luck.
  15. Just thought I would update you on the situation I got another letter back rejecting me again. So I rang them up and they said I should write another letter as a 2nd level appeal and that I should appeal the entry guidelines that do not allow me to get in. What do you think my chances are of getting in, they are looking pretty bleak and I will be totally screwed if I don't get in because this is the only thing I want to do with my life.