• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

URGENT INFO NEEDED!! 27 Regt "Wolf" emblem

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
In my day it was 27 LSG Regt (7, 8 and 66) and there was no 'Wolf emblem' just a Yorkie Bar flag flying proudly over the Guard room.

Now where is my pint?

Rod924 said:
In my day it was 27 LSG Regt (7, 8 and 66) and there was no 'Wolf emblem' just a Yorkie Bar flag flying proudly over the Guard room.

Now where is my pint?
Still in the pump, coz you haven't answered the question. :lol:

Rod924 said:

Now where is my pint?
In my day as well (1982/83) 'No Wolf', but Pegasus flying by the HQ building. Shiney 7 Sqn, 8 Sqn and 407 Trp (later 63 Para), at Aldershot and 66 Sqn at Tidworth.

The only Wolf I saw in my service was at RAOC Ammo Depot Wulfan, it was painted on the wall in the NAAFI.

The wolf was introduced in 2006/7 by the CO at the time, Lt Col Neil Lewis QCVS deceased.

It was used previously by an RCT regiment or sqn, possibly 27 I don't recall. It was previously last used in the 70's I think.

spaz said:
The wolf was introduced in 2006/7 by the CO at the time, Lt Col Neil Lewis QCVS deceased.

It was used previously by an RCT regiment or sqn, possibly 27 I don't recall. It was previously last used in the 70's I think.
Cheers mate. Any further info would be appreciated from anyone else.

Like every badge in the RLC, they are made up by their current Co/Regt 2ic over a Pims in the Mess the night before! Generally they have no meaning other than the current CoC wants to leave "their mark!"

Moon_Monkey_Spunk said:
Like every badge in the RLC, they are made up by their current Co/Regt 2ic over a Pims in the Mess the night before!...
And the next day a professional graphic design company is commissioned to realise the CO's vision of the Regt emblem, but with specific instructions to make it look like the RHQ cleaner has knocked it up in 5 minutes using Windows Paint.

Moon_Monkey_Spunk said:
Like every badge in the RLC, they are made up by their current Co/Regt 2ic over a Pims in the Mess the night before! Generally they have no meaning other than the current CoC wants to leave "their mark!"
Not been around very long have you? Most RLC emblems are taken from the old Sqn\Coy symbols of their orgionating RCT\RAOC units. 60 Sqn Mushroom, 6 Sqn's saracens head to name but 2 go back at least 30+ years. Most emblems were only ever seen on unit plaques back then, but since the end of the cold war have been incearingly seen on uniforms\vehicles as a unit identifier.

Sangreal said:
Moon_Monkey_Spunk said:
Like every badge in the RLC, they are made up by their current Co/Regt 2ic over a Pims in the Mess the night before!...
And the next day a professional graphic design company is commissioned to realise the CO's vision of the Regt emblem, but with specific instructions to make it look like the RHQ cleaner has knocked it up in 5 minutes using Windows Paint.
Like a certain RLC TA unit coming up with a motto and plastering it over everything wouldnt be so bad but it just happens to be blatently nicked from the Coldstream Guards

Speedy said:
Moon_Monkey_Spunk said:
Not been around very long have you? Most RLC emblems are taken from the old Sqn\Coy symbols of their orgionating RCT\RAOC units. 60 Sqn Mushroom, 6 Sqn's saracens head to name but 2 go back at least 30+ years. Most emblems were only ever seen on unit plaques back then, but since the end of the cold war have been incearingly seen on uniforms\vehicles as a unit identifier.
My Bold - I still chuckle every time I see one in strange places.

Was flying back from FRY in a Herc many moons ago and was snuggling up on some pallet or other and, surprise surprise, there was one on the roof of the aircraft amongst the cables, pulleys etc. :soldier:

There's still one on Abingdon Police Station's signage after almost a decade.

Speedy said:
Moon_Monkey_Spunk said:
Speedy I've been in long enough and been present on certain meetings to know that some of our new emblems ideas are plucked from the sky!

I was in 15 Sqn RCT when we had the Owl v Mushroom orange sticker war, have to say, now that 15 Sqn are part of 13 AASR the mushroom has taken over and won that battle!

There is even a cheeky owl plastered on the present 15 Sqn local pub sign :twisted:

B

Bottleosmoke

spaz said:

Not entirely true. It was the CO before him that introduced it to 27 Regt in 2005 / 2006. I will dig deep to recall the exact phrase that was used at the time.

Chastity_Dingle said:
154 FAD Wulfen had the Wolfs Head - it was historic and went all the way back to WWII and the depot being a Wermacht ammunition depot.

Muna Kaserne - great times!!
MUnitions ANlage - hence Muna (ammunition facility)

Yep I enjoyed it there as well but the CO was a complete thr0bber!

Bottleosmoke said:
spaz said:

Not entirely true. It was the CO before him that introduced it to 27 Regt in 2005 / 2006. I will dig deep to recall the exact phrase that was used at the time.
Paul O'Grady? Battle of Jubilee veteran!

I stand corrected I thought it had been later.

Latest Threads