Urgent help required - wtaermanship qualified person

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Cubitt, Aug 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am a adult instructor with the Shropshire Army Cadet Force. We are on our 2 week annual camp at Crowborough training camp from the 15th Aug and I am running an exercise for the older cadets during the first week. We are planning to have a raft building command task on the 18th Aug as part of the survival training, the problem is that we need a qualified watermanship person to oversee this. I have tried all my old contacts and various other avenues but to no avail. Is there anybody out there with the right quals and available in the Crowborough area for a day on the 18th Aug. I would be most grateful for any help. Ian
  2. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

Try (Dan) dtstacey@blueyonder.co.uk He's superb in the water and does all the canoeing etc. for the 4th Battalion, The Princess of Wales' Royal ACF in Surrey. His wife, I believe, is also water-trained.

Or try www.surreyarmycadets.com

Queen's House
    Hallam Rd, Godalming, GU7 3HW
    01483 414170 and speak to Jo Bentinck who does the admin and knows everyone.

Let me know how you get on.

3. Many thanks for the gen. i have dropped Dan a e-mail today and await his reply. thanks again
  4. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

Mind you, I don't know if Dan is a "wtaermanship qualified person" as it says in your post! (snigger) :D