Urgent help please

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Billboard, Jul 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. About a month ago i went from no running to 2.5 miles. I then got pain on the side of lower leg so i waited 3 weeks to start running at 1 mile. Pain was nearly completely gone until resuming running and its getting worse again. I also have an insight course with RRF monday to friday. Do you think my symptoms are stress fracture? Because when i rub my muscle no pain but when i bump it with my hand i feel it. Thankyou.

2. See your GP. Might just be tight muscles from not being used to exercise.

3. Thanks EX-STAB and fellow 02 thief LOL. Do you know if the Army deffer people with previous strees fractures?

4. I should imagine it depends on what trade your going for, i know of a case where a bod with a previous stress fracture was told he could apply for anything except infantry.

5. A strange logic.

6. Ive found out i have a grade 2 ruptured soleus on my left leg. Im meant to go on RRF insight course tommorow. But i cant and will not do any sort of running and destroy my muscle. Ive been deferred for a year already why prolong it. My point is if i went i wont do 1.5 mile, tabbing or assault course which in my opinion is ia waste of all our time. Do you guys think i should go?

7. Hell no. Get healed properly.