Urgent help/advice needed!

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Skinn_Full, Sep 2, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all, I recently applied to join the Army, sent off all my forms etc and received a letter this morning informing me that my application should be deferred for 1 YEAR because, wait for it....i had a urinary tract infection about 8 months ago. The infection is gone but i was prescribed antibiotics in June to ensure it would'nt come back. I am in good health and very physically active/fit and have been gearing myself up to go and im now obviously a bit gutted to say the least. I know i can appeal the decision and will because it such a small thing to be deferred for. Has anyone got any advice on appealing or in general, or know of any similar situation that might help me. Any feedback at all would be extremely useful and much appreciated, cheers folks.

2. once youre off the meds then youll be ok.
    Dont want you bringing your dirty festering civvie diseases into our army. youll have plenty of opportunity to pick up an interesting army induced GU infection once youre in.

3. Bah, medication, the worlds gone soft. Whatever happened to the good old umbrella treatment? also good for clearing your tear ducts and stretching your vocal chords.

4. Just ask the nice female members of the QARANC and I'm sure they'll oblige WILLINGLY!

5. Don't let the QA's know what you've got, they'll all want it, however most are probably immune by now.......