Urgent call for new threads

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Dr_Evil, Oct 1, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm fed up with this shiny silvery suit ...

And on top of that, I'm bored to death of these boring TA threads which have been around for what seems like boring months.

Anyone got anything interesting to say in relation to the TA at all?

Come on, make something up.
  2. Only out of sheer boredom and a friday hangover. So who else has lost loads of bodies after the great big sunshine tour?
  3. We have but more through sheer bad management by the hierarchy than anything else.

Immediately on return we lost a load of people who would have left in the next 18 months or so (or thought they'd left/transferred already but somehow the paperwork had mysteriously never left the PSAO's desk :? )

However in the last 18 months the band of experienced (for TA) blokes that would have provided the future of the squadron have been whittled down by the sheer ineptitude of those at the top until there is left only a small hard core of those too keen/stupid to leave. (which includes me) :evil:
  4. My better half hasn't lost many from her unit (she's staying in too, enjoyed her time at shaibiza shrapnel removal service).
    Me? I've just rejoined (different unit to hers) after an extended abscence (shoulder injury coupled with laziness many years ago) apparently my unit is now full as far as recruits go. probably why we seem to have PT only for us recruits every week..

Or is this normal at the minute? PT because A: theyre all fat ba*ds B: they'll do the mil stuff on the TAFS weekends / recruit fortnight.
  5. No I don't but here you go.................

[Mod edit]

The request was for something interesting and related to the TA

msr :wink:

[/Mod edit]

Enjoy! :wink:
  6. Standing orders for my unit is to bring PT kit every week, no one can seem to recall the last time it was actually needed though... Probably as the PTI can never be arsed to turn up.
  7. Kel

Kel Old-Salt

Well, how about the TA CFT going next year, we'll all have to do the 8 mile tab carrying same weight as regs. Don't panic yet though, you will have two hours to do it in. However, it will be a requirement to pass, not just attempt it, to qualify as FFR and get bounty, you can panic now. I know I can pass it, but I do know several in our unit who struggle/fail current four mile tab, they've no chance with eight miles.

Here's something else slightly interesting. From next year we won't have the (V) on the tail end of units title. I take this means all reservists are going to be lumped together, (as discussed elsewhere on ARRSE), TA and regular reserve.

Something I didn't know until yesterday, Mat Regs have been replaced by JSP's. Must have fell asleep when that was announced.
  8. Haha, that should be something to see! Better find out where that PTI is hiding-looking at some of the folks they've got their work cut out for them.
  9. Haha, that should be something to see! Better find out where that PTI is hiding-looking at some of the folks they've got their work cut out for them.
  10. 4 miler is easy even with our mad PTI who insists on doing it with 2 x 10 minute water stops in the middle which doesnt leave much time for marching.

8 miler is a bit harder - might have to do a bit of phys before ITD weekend this year :(
  11. Kel: you mention the change to unit names. Have you had sight of this new document from the MOD all about changes to the TA that's been mentioned on this board in the past? Or have i missed something in the last week or two?
  12. Kel

Kel Old-Salt

I've not actually seen any paperwork on this yet, will try to find out more tomorrow.
  13. msr

msr LE

I believe the paper is called 'Future Utilisation of the TA', although I have not seen a copy

14. Now this I can't wait to see :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Anyone know where I can get front row seats????
  15. Its already 1 hour of boredom why make it more? So we all suffer cause a few can't hack it, doubling the time/distance won't sort out their fitness. Doing more than 1 CFT a year might help that.