Urgent assistance

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by dante242, Oct 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just gone into Honiton (Devon) Royal British Legion to volunteer to sell Poppy's from Monday to be told that the local council have only allowed the sale on the high street two days before the 9th (Friday/Saturday), I am in the process of e-mailing Angela Browning the local MP and the outrage bus is first paraded.......any assistance gratefully received as to what to do.

Honiton is an old garrison town with a number of old airbases near including the one which the 101st Airborne took of from in June 1944,

Cheers

Paul

2. Emailed the following to the council, (e-mail address: towncouncil @ honiton.gov.uk)

3. Cheers Rock

4. Nothing councils do really surprises me any more, but this takes the biscuit. writing to them is all well and good but the chances of you getting a satisfactory response, and in time, are slim. I would be inclined to completely ignore their restriction and carry on regardless. Hell, I would probably make a point of selling poppies outside the council HQ and dare the twats to take enforcement action. Political suicide for them if they do. Can you imagine the headlines?

5. I asked if I could do that but the RBL guidlines are to obey the law!!!!!