*Urgent appeal to ARRSErs re Convoy and Riggers book*

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Bugsy, Sep 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ARRErs all,

On the Amazon website, some total knackerhead decided to post a negative review of Convoy and Rigger's marvellous book "Picking up the Brass".

More seriously, this Pete Smith (it that is indeed his name) maintains in his review that Convoy and Rigger never even served in the British Army. Of course, it's the right of everywo/man to criticise something they perceive to be wrong or inaccurate. But this is supposed to be a review of the book itself and not an opportunity to blackball the authors.

Thus, what we need is for as many ARRSErs as possible to log in to Amazon and report the review as inappropriate (as I've already done). This will lead to it being removed.

So c'mon ARRSErs! Do yer stuff!!!

MsG

2. Thanks for making this a sticky, MODs. I originally intended to post it on the thread for the book itself, but I feared it wouldn't be read by enough people so I decided to plonk it on a separate thread.

MsG

3. I have reported that review and added my own. What a plonker

4. Good on ya, RABC! I salute your sense of honour.

MsG

5. It's gone now from the reviews- good show! ;)

6. Thanks for making me aware of that, birduk. :D :D :D

MsG

7. Cheers folks. As Bugsy said, if someone doesn't like the book then they can write whatever they like about the literary content, but to call into question our time served was a step too far.
    Thanks again to all those who helped and especially to Bugsy!

8. I spoke too soon! The review seems to have been reposted. I've reported it again and urge other ARRSErs to do the same.

This Pete Smith (what an imaginative name) seems to be clocking ARRSE as well. Maybe it's a disgruntled ARRSEr. But he's still a fückin' prize prick!

9. OK, the nasty review has gone again. If Mr Pete Smith who is clocking arrse wants to pm me, I care not. Bring it on.

I have said my tuppence worth on Amazon, and I am only up to page 91!!!

Bugsy, well done for bringing this up.

10. Good show Bugsy

11. Having now just finished my copy I can say that it was both interesting and very well written. Humour and the everyday tales of woe, wisdom and wit in the forces. :D

Now lent it to my father. Well done folks for a bloody good read. :lol:

fastmedic

12. Bump.......

There are over 18000 members of arrse. Make yourselves known.

13. This bloke obviously didn't read the book i received today, i think it is the funniest book i have read in a long time.

Sparky

14. J_D

J_D LE

How the hell does some one get away with posting cr@p like that? The book is fab, thumbs up to it!

Pete, you're a tw@t!

15. Dear ARRSErs,

I know this is a little off-topic, since I started this thread to enlist your help in getting rid of a particularly nasty and uncalled-for review by some toad called Pete Smith.

However, I've started a thread on U75 about Convoy and Rigger's book and if any of you are also subscribers there and would like to contribute, it's here:

http://www.urban75.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=175906

A bit of backup wouldn't go amiss. :D :D :D

MsG