Urban Warfare: the future

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Rumpelstiltskin, Oct 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. did see some stuff that mentioned new artillery shells that are fired normally but drop almost vertically to kill bad guys hiding on the sheltered sides of buildings normally untouchable by regular artillery. guess thats part of the same program.
  2. Hmmm.......
  3. Its only a burning sensation, not actual burning.

I think it works by projecting microwave beams at persons who then feel themselves burning (as the microwaves do their thing) and thus they step away from the area.

Once turned on it would render areas unusable by the enemy for moving through etc. Unless teh really could put up with the sensation long enough for it to hurt them.

A bit like AP mines, but with less carnage/lasting results.

Not sure what chemical weapons they wish to try, unless it is releasing LSD or the "gay" bomb.
  4. Rather worrying for you and you terrorist pals, isn't it Taz_786. I'd pay good money to see you in a microwave...
  5. Can you use the Mircowave Gun to heat up your Ginster pie or would it just burst into flames?
  6. :? It has always been boots on the ground to keep the areas secure,but with new weapons coming on looks like lots of dead civilians as armies try to keep their own troops safe. All these so called experts have a axe to grind be it selling weapons, getting their and or their paid jobs in companies, to tell all and sundry what they should be doing, lobbying in the U.S. is a big thing,war is not nice, so if you can package it correctly, you can sell it, ask G.W. Bush. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
  7. My guess would be some type of knock-out or incapacitating gas delivered via mortar or artillery shells. Blanket a set urban area and you can then wander through at your leisure scooping up bad guys.