Urban Foxes on a (short) day out

City foxes are being dumped, dazed and helpless, on farmland - Telegraph

A local gamekeeper a couple of years ago was out doing some fox control, when he saw a rather mangy fox walk round the corner of a hedge. He shot it and was about to go and check the body when another appeared....

a number of similar dead foxes later he walked down to see what this was all about, to find a wildlife rescue van releasing urban foxes!

His offer of shooting them by the van to save time wasn't appreciated.

What's amusing is the land he was on belongs to a well known large national animal charity and he was doing the "lethal predator control" at their behest!

There's an old story about (I think) the Albrighton Woodland chopping three brace in a field of beet next to a main road and a foot-follower discovering a load of stinking sacks marked "Birmingham City Council" (or possibly "..Corporation", the tale's that old) in the ditch beside a layby.
So nothing new then.

City foxes are being dumped, dazed and helpless, on farmland - Telegraph

A local gamekeeper a couple of years ago was out doing some fox control, when he saw a rather mangy fox walk round the corner of a hedge. He shot it and was about to go and check the body when another appeared....

a number of similar dead foxes later he walked down to see what this was all about, to find a wildlife rescue van releasing urban foxes!

His offer of shooting them by the van to save time wasn't appreciated.

What's amusing is the land he was on belongs to a well known large national animal charity and he was doing the "lethal predator control" at their behest!
I did my Police training with a former gamekeeper who had the same situation. He said it was the easiest shoot of his life.