Urban Desert Cam

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Mr Happy, Dec 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Leo2 A6
  2. A new take on the old Rubiks Cube from the Berlin Bde?
  3. Spanking dozer blade and general lack of dust point to photoshop.

And why would the Germans need it on a Leo?
  4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I think its a Dutch or Canadian version. Not sure however.

Photoshop eh? Let me double check
  5. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Check lower part of blade and rear parts of skirts. Look dirty ish to me, but as you say, very clean tank
  6. It looks a bit suspect to me. The tracks are a bit pixilated and are they supposed to disappear at the rear? Also the shaddow underneath isn't quite right. Apart from that, it looks like a block of Neopolitan Ice Cream.
  7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

8. I am off at the mo so let’s have a look, not in any way to put you down BTW.

Doesn’t look as if it drove in from the side, no tracks.

If it pivoted in then where is all the dust it would have spewn up never mind that within 2 mins of being in theatre never mind driving more than 5m from A to B?

A concept I think.

The Berlin Cam was from when the Reds were coming to whup our arrse. They would have been whacking tank with tank not insurgents with ‘friendly’ spotters for an RPG team so I think the use would be limited in Afg.

Sorry, I’m bored.
  9. The Tank is cammed for an urban enviroment, set in an urban scenario and it can be seen quite clearly... Hmm...

Back to the drawing board methinks !
  10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

After our Berlin Cam though I think it should come second prize for the prettiest cam though...
  11. Rather than spend all that time patch-painting, it would probably be more effective to use printed IRR tarpaulin or skirts. Make it reversible with a different cam on the other side (flecktarn perhaps).
  12. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Hmm, RPG hit or petrol bomb ignites tarpaulin - not good..

However, you make an interesting point.

Flecktarn (Wot? SS me? nahhhhh, bundeswehr innit, no SS in Der Deutscheland mate) vs vehicle cam.

Why do 'they' insist that vehicles need bigger cam schemes because they are bigger. I heard that it is to prevent blobbing which I can get, but sure, say, static, in a woodline, a fine cam like our uniforms would be better than the vehicle kind, or the OG we seem to use all the time.
  13. Fire resistant IRR NOMEX type stuff ! :D

I chose flecktarn as it's a boxhead tank but it could be anything. Reddish Brown in case there's oil found on Mars and we need to invade !

The nearest thing to armour in my unit, vehicle wise is an MJ! When it's parked up in an urban enviroment, we used the normal urban cam material.

That's Fire Absorbent !
  14. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I like the way you think! Us invading Mars rather than the other way around... Watch out Universe.. we're coming.... With Flying Tanks!

15. [​IMG]

Had to be done.