Urban Britain?

Up here in East Yorkshire its still very green, and very stunning on a sunny day too. Just a shame the road sides are covered in flytipping and mean looking pikeys, and the fields are filling with 125mtr tall wind turbines to spoil the view...

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Just another attempt by the two major scaremongers to put forward the left wing idea that all of Britain should be devoted to council housing I suppose. After all, countryside stuff is so boring, inefficient, dirty and uneconomical. And just think how many more immigrants/pikeys/asylum seekers/benefit recipients could be absorbed/dumped.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Doesn't look that bad here in mid Wales on this map, however this doesn't take into account the industrialisation of the area with wind "farms", some 300 to 400 feet high, covering tens of square miles with more than 800 more proposed - so to the "Greens" and the Beeb this area is rural when in reality much of it is industrialised.

Much of the flooding in Wales is due to the draining of upland bogs for these wind "farms" causing erosion and flash flooding downstream.

mapbeeb.jpg

ugly

LE
And the point of this exercise is?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
And the point of this exercise is?
Concrete everything so the water will just run off. Then we won't get any flooding again will we? :)

Before all the happy clappy urbanites get excited about how many immigrants the country can still hold, I'm willing to bet 95% of the 98% is agricultural land. It might be green and pleasant but it is no more natural than Hyde park.

Amazing how even threads about how green britain is are sidetracked to immigration on arrse.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
When in an a/c doing low level contour flying before a lob, the world just below did seem very green and devoid of population, probably due to the fact that urban areas were generally avoided ............ Funniest thing I ever saw was zooming over the hill at Cern Abbas at very low level and seeing a woman jumping up and down on the giant's knob end! It's times like that when you wish you had a camera in your smock. Don't know who was the most surprised, us or her.

When looking at some maps, one see that forests are rather rare in the UK. This exercise is just another way of saying, we have loads of non urban land, lets build on it.

That reminds me of something. A few years ago I heard that there's some reclusive millionaire out there quietly buying up land in order to plant a forest. I was told they're keeping hush hush as to precisely where it's happening to keep the land prices down.