Upsetting Hugo again

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Zaphodski, May 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ah, the old we're lost excuse. I wonder how many times they've used that before - then again knowing the Yanks, I'm not surprised that they get lost so easily. :wink:
  2. opppps, ah well sh** happens
  3. And not at all scoping out the defences of a nearby nation ruled by a critic of the US and particularly George Bush.

Oh, no, definitely not...
  4. What are you implying there, that the americans may want to loose some ordanance over said country, surely not :wink: :wink:
  5. Somewhat off-topic, but Chavez's ex-wife, Marisabel Rodriguez, has become one of his most vocal opponents (yes, she could have an axe to grind). In Florida, she said recently:

"There has been much injustice, much corruption going on in the government," she said. "They encourage you to report corruption, but if you do, they cut your head off."

"You realize there was a dramatic change, What good were all those promises, all those expectations? Power and vengeance cannot go together."
  6. Says the ex-wife using a privileged position to lambast her former husband. :D
  7. Very true, as he probably left her for a model. :wink:

Still, she did say she was thinking of running for office herself, and so has received death threats from his government.

"There have absolutely been death threats against me, ordering me to keep quiet, to behave," she said.
  8. So, the marriage counselling didn't go so well, then?
  9. Apparently not! He is said to have quite the temper and does not tolerate dissent well!
  10. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. :D
  11. :grin: There is something to that, I suppose, women being naturally more emotional and irrational than men.
  12. Ugo been talking about cutting supplies of oil to the states again, problem is he needs the money and the US has the refineries to process his sulpher heavy oil.
  13. I might be mistaken, but I believe it was the Bush administration that was hostile to his regime from the start.

Much U.S. money has been spent to fund groups that support counter-revolutionary activities in Venezuela. Also, many sanctions have been imposed to cause this nation economic distress. Not only that, but there has been a buildup of the US military in the Caribbean...not exactly friendly actions.
  14. Quite agree Redgrain, I have said before that Bush took his eye off S. America.
    Ugo was just another Tin Pot Dictator of whom the US has had dozens to deal with over the years. However Ugo is now a rich Dictator and is spreading all the A & D he can to frustrate US ambitions.
    More and more Bush's Iraq Adventure does seem to have been about oil, only yesterday there was a report that Iraq claims to have worlds largest Proven reserves of oil.
    Just why Blair committed UK to bush's war is still beyond me.