Upset at Croke Park

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by DozyBint, Feb 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooops! :D
  2. The Irish were lucky not to get even more fucked than they did in the end.

They started abysmally, and if they give that many penalties away against teams with decent Fly-Halfs, such as Carter or Jonny, then they're in the shite.
  3. Wasn't an upset in my eyes, despite the flaming I got when I had the temerity to suggest that France would be too strong for the Irish, who were missing O'Driscoll and Stringer.
  4. Best bit of commentary ever though

"Isaac Boss, from that old Irish province of Waikato!"
  5. To agree with the guru, they did miss O'Drisoll, although I like Stringer, I did think Best had a good game. Otherwise

6. Best player on the pitch was the Irish number 7, Wallace.

I thought he had a superb game.
  7. Unfortunate. Entertaining game though. The French will be delighted at their luck and the Irish will just have to beat England. Not too worried there.
  8. Just been on the phone to a mate that lives in Waikato; I told her about that and I'm pretty sure she wet herself. Eddie Butler is good
  9. I expect Ireland will now beet england and then England get over on the French leading to a 6 Nations table that only the finest mathematical brains in the land will be able to decipher!
  10. Admit it, you were having phone sex wern't you? :p:p:p:p

How does Boss qualify for Irish citizenship?
  11. Bit of a shame that we lost, but fair play to the Frogs. They delivered a nice tight game and deserved to win.

And some of the Irish tackling was just fückin' awful.

12. The last froggy try went through 4 tackles.

Ireland didn't seem to get the basics of Scrummaging and the Line Out right. I mean, even at the most amateur levels that I play at, it is very, very rare to lose that many line outs or scrums against the head.
  13. Isaac Boss was born in Tokoroa and his gran was Irish, so I'm reliably informed by a female Kiwi rugby coach!
  14. True, Issac's Gran is from Ireland, He's played well for Ulster this year.
  15. All I got out of this match was thought that England will not be able to beat either Ireland or France. Our main chance with France is that they will revert to their style that leads to penalties so we can deploy Jonny.