• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Upper age limit for promotion

Does the army still practice the archaic system where the age of 38 was your lot (ie no promotion after that date, even for those that joined at say 25 & had several years left for their 22)?

Did anyone ever test this in court?

I don't believe I ever saw it in black & white but it was common knowledge that it existed & i'm wondering how it may effect anyone joining near the upper age limit these days.

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
fingers_1661 said:
Does the army still practice the archaic system where the age of 38 was your lot (ie no promotion after that date, even for those that joined at say 25 & had several years left for their 22)?

I don't believe I ever saw it in black & white but it was common knowledge that it existed & i'm wondering how it may effect anyone joining near the upper age limit these days.
Doesn't happen anymore. I am living proof of that!

B_AND_T said:
fingers_1661 said:

Doesn't happen anymore. I am living proof of that!
Your whole Corps is B & T :wink:

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
Fair one!

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
I take pride in my work, fcuking up people lives is just one of those little pleasures in life.