Upper age limit for HAC PSC

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Ho2331, Jan 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,
    Has anyone got any idea of the upper age limit to try out for the HACs Patrols Selection Course. And if the transfer process for a non-Infantry type would be straight forward. I've looked at their website and on Arrse but to no avail. And as its Thursday evening they ain't open for telephone enquiries.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

2. msr

msr LE

If you haven't the patience to wait until tomorrow morning, I can't see you being much use in a OP....

• Like Like x 2
  3. MSR, what's all this talk of OPs? I'm not interested in the patrols selection course to do any sort of under hand dirty Bosch trickery like hiding in holes. I ain't a damn Badger. No, my interest lies purely in carrying large heavy loads over hilly terrain whilst singing 'your in the Army now' by Status Quo. So am I correct in assuming that you don't have the first idea either and you are just fishing?

4. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

That is all well and good but he hasn't answered the 2 key selection questions:

1. Which bank do you work for, and

2. Which model of Aston do you use for the drive in to the City?

• Like Like x 6
  5. MSR, what's all this talk of OPs? I ain't interested in hiding in holes anyway - I ain't a damn Badger. We'll have none of this sneaky underhand Bosch rubbish thank you. I want to do the Patrols course purely because I enjoy long walks in the countryside carrying heavy loads. Now are you just crayoning or fishing?

6. If you have to ask, then you're too old Gayboy, get back in the stores.

7. To be fair, question 2 is bit of a trick question; it should be "Which modal of Aston does your driver use to drive you into the City?

8. Not sure myself what the upper age limit is but I know there have been students in their early 40s on the course very recently if that helps you at all.

• Like Like x 1
  9. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Foolish boy.

The driver has the Bentley, the Aston is for Hugo to have a bit of fun in.

• Like Like x 1
  10. suitably chastised...

11. Someone will be along shortly to tell you that they're a Cold War anachronism etc etc

Blah blah drones blah blah recce company blah blah rich toffs ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. There is no upper age limit per se. Experience though is that the oldest person to actually pass was in their thirties. So if you're older then 34 you could have a crack but you may end up spending a lot of time for nought. Be warned though. You can't load straight onto the patrols course anymore. You must have Royal Artillery Communicators Course 2 (RA Comms2) qualification to commence the patrols course. The next one of those starts in April and if you miss that boat, you're waiting until September. Hope that helps. Best advice is contact the unit.

But it can never be said enough. Don't arrive with a pre-existing injury and do not underestmate the physical fitness/robustness required. The course still typically sees 3 out of 4 fail. Despite all the pressure to lower the standard to fill PIDs the guys running it are unapologetic about failing those who do not reach the mark. Good Luck.

13. Just to add to that, I know of at least 2 people who have passed in the last 4 years or so in their early 40s

• Like Like x 1