upgrade or wait?

Phone upgrade due either next month or Jan depending on how Virgin mobile look at my contract just wondering if its worth taking an upgrade now or holding off into next year to see what comes out.

Looking at either note 4 or the Sony with the 20meg camera. Refuse to touch iphone so it has to be android based not sure I fancy windows after having windows 8 on the laptop.

So any decent phones due out in first qtr of next year?

SuperGay

Old-Salt
The note is 3 a solid choice, couple of hundred bucks cheaper than the note 4 which does not have mobile tethering

The note 3 is now not on offer with my provider so looking at either the note 4 or hold off until April and see what the Z4 or HTC one will be like

Yeah but by the time I can upgrade the new HTC One M9 should be due out in March I'm sure I can wait a few weeks to get the better deal

I am with EE and was able to upgrade a month early there. Was on an iPhone 4S, but frankly had enough of Apple and their total control. I chose a Samsung Galaxy S5, simply because it has been out for at least 6 months now and the contract rates have dropped significantly. Did look at the Note 4 but was out of my monthly price range.

Last edited:
Been told I can upgrade in Dec, would have gone for Note 4 as I get 50% off my tariff but we aren't going to stock it might hold off now until April/May and see what HTC and the Sony Z4 will be like.

The HTC M8 and Sony Z3 are nice phones which came out recently. But you are right, new models are coming out that fast, that as soon as a new model is released, it will probably be obsolete within 24 hours. Samsung have quietly upgraded the S5 as to not upset their loyal fanbase. I only found out through extensive reading on tech websites.

Last edited:
Liking the spec of the z3 so hoping the z4 should be better in all aspects use the camrea on my phone a lot for work so the 20meg its offering might be a good reason to go for it. Few sites have said that the tech show in March will be the showcase. Looks like I'll be sticking with the note 2 for the moment still does what I needit to do

I have an interest in this newbie on the market

http://yotaphone.com/gb-en/

Their new Yotaphone2, unveiled yesterday with some very good comments, has some very distinct pluses imo.

Retails at £555, might be worth having a look at if your provider gives you the offer.

I am with EE and was able to upgrade a month early there. Was on an iPhone 4S, but frankly had enough of Apple and their total control. I chose a Samsung Galaxy S5, simply because it has been out for at least 6 months now and the contract rates have dropped significantly. Did look at the Note 4 but was out of my monthly price range.

I too chose the Galaxy S5 and it is everything I expected it to be.

The phone is only part of the deal. What about the airtime deal etc.

Have a good look around and get the best of what's on offer both for a phone and your monthly bill.

The phone is only part of the deal. What about the airtime deal etc.

Have a good look around and get the best of what's on offer both for a phone and your monthly bill.

EE have the best 4G coverage. I got £30 pcm, unlimited mins, text and 5gb of data. £100 upfront.

EE have the best 4G coverage. I got £30 pcm, unlimited mins, text and 5gb of data. £100 upfront.

Check out Giff Gaff, Tesco etc. I'm with Giff Gaff. There are some much better airtime deals. There is an online phone package checker where you log your details in and it analyses your bills and suggests the best deal for you.

I can't remember the name but Googling phone bill analysers will probably chuck it up.

Found it!

https://www.billmonitor.com/bill-analysis/new?alt=false&ref=94c60c

I looked at Giff Gaff also. However, they are O2 and prefer to be on a different carrier to my workphone. If O2 went down or no signal, I still have my personal and vice versea. Three can be very enticing but their coverage is horrific where I am!