Updated 21 & 23 SAS Selection Process

I've recently came across to the Reserves from the regulars, having served 10 years in the infantry as a L/CPL. I am based in Belfast, Norn Iron. I left regular service, although I am still keen to give selection a bash, and operate at a slightly more strategic level in UKSF, albeit on a part-time basis. However, the optics of a keen AF L/CPL asking 'How do I go about joining 21/23 SAS' isn't ideal if I am to integrate into my new unit.

My question therefore is does anyone have any up-to-date information on the selection procedure for USKF (R). I have managed to blag my way into a pretty decent job on civvy street, and would like to get an understanding of the commitment that would be needed to even think about tackling selection.

I understand the army website, which states that selection is broken down into 4 phases including a 3 week aptitude test etc is out dated.

Any help or guidance in the matter would be highly appreciated!

I've recently came across to the Reserves from the regulars, having served 10 years in the infantry as a L/CPL. I am based in Belfast, Norn Iron. I left regular service, although I am still keen to give selection a bash, and operate at a slightly more strategic level in UKSF, albeit on a part-time basis. However, the optics of a keen AF L/CPL asking 'How do I go about joining 21/23 SAS' isn't ideal if I am to integrate into my new unit.

My question therefore is does anyone have any up-to-date information on the selection procedure for USKF (R). I have managed to blag my way into a pretty decent job on civvy street, and would like to get an understanding of the commitment that would be needed to even think about tackling selection.

I understand the army website, which states that selection is broken down into 4 phases including a 3 week aptitude test etc is out dated.

Any help or guidance in the matter would be highly appreciated!
You may be in for a slight surprise in regards to wanting it to be more part time, as that isn't really the reality of being part of those units.

Selection itself now requires you to attend the hills phase in one go as per the regulars, which would require your employer being open to you being away from work for potentially weeks.
You'll also need to attend the briefing course which will likely require time off from work too.

The absolute best place for info is the units themselves, they are very welcoming to those asking genuine questions and will give you the info that you need.

The_Duke

LE
Oh dear. Some people are still struggling with the recruiting board rules. Take a week off.

For the OP, your best bet is to contact the unit directly. Once you have done that, you will need to think long and hard about your new job, logistics, your desire to be in UKSF(r) and how much you are willing to sacrifice the first to try for the last.

Latest Threads