Update: What happend to the Gurkha that beheaded a Talib?

Discussion in 'Gurkhas' started by viceroy, Jan 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. any update? I would have hoped that he'd been awarded a fecking medal for this...

2. Why would you award him a medal? And what medal do you usually award people for cutting the head off a dead body?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stacker hates Gurkhas so not exactly representative of Arrse, If he'd been EDL of course Stacks would be singing his praises. Personally good luck to Johnny Gurkha, give the man a medal, rather have them on our side than against us.

4. I'd have thought just a slap on the wrist to keep the ones who were in an outrage happy but I doubt anything serious will come of it. Anyone know?

5. Hooray its Maple, who now is going to look like a **** when I ask him to post anything that says I hate Gurkhas.
    Once you can't find anything (and therefor look like the **** that you are) maybe you want to talk to some of Ghurkas who were out there and don't approve of this blokes behaviour either.

6. The RM hit the Talib with a wellington. This Gurkha will also suffice as a worthy sacrifice to the hand wringling liberals.

7. While he was been detained, what did he expect for beating a prisoner?

8. Did you read the article you linked to? He was beaten while held captive, not while planting IEDs..... Once a prisoner under our care, they have rights (unless we hand them to the Americans in which case they just disappear) You would have thought even the thickest would have learn't that from Iraq...... Never mind a Capt

9. not to mention it's totally different, your article is about a prisoner with rights, not a corpse that needed to be IDd

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hmmmm I wouldn't put too much belief in that the head was cut off so it could be IDed.

11. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

(unless we hand them to the Americans in which case they just disappear)

So why the **** are we bothering to process them, find the nearest GI and hand them over with a cheery smile and "There you go buddy all yours" job jobbed.

12. Heads will roll for allowing this to happen...I'll show myself out.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. When it comes to collecting genetic material for ID purposes I can foresee the difficulty in taking an uncontaminated oral swab from a corpse in a battlefield, take the head and you can do so in comfort later.

Perhaps we should do the same with all those kiddy fiddlers.

14. Exactly, it's easy for us to all sit and judge and say "now thats not right you should have done this..." from the comfort of a desk or behind a newspaper but we weren't there. He made a decision on the ground so cap doffed to him. As for your insinuation Stacker that it may have been done for anything other than that purpose: you're a fool.