Update Site

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Arkady, Dec 17, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Would it be possible to update the User Accounts section to allow the uploading of personal avatars from one's own 'puta? other sites that I use that are running the PHP-Nuke software allow this. Also avatars can be up to 120px x 120px / 25kb instead of the 6kb that your version allows.
  2. I'll look. We used to allow bigger ones, but it was being abused to such an extent that the site was becoming unusable by 56k modem users.
  3. Cheers. It'd be nice not to be a Cartoon Jap kid... 8O
  4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Sorry - forgot all about this! Back in a mo
  5. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

OK, you can now upload your own avatars. However having looked at the number of 800 x 600 users I don't want to allow avatars any bigger than 120 x 120 (which I feel is already too big) and see no reason to allow up to 25k (the whole top banner on the fiapple theme is about 10k), but have increased it to 10k. If this were a forum where the majority were likely to have ADSL (an online gamers forum for example) I would remove this limitation, but I don't think that it's is in the interests of a lot of ARRSE users.

On a similar note, I would ask people to bear 56k users in mind before adding monstrous signatures or pictures to posts.