• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Update Site

Would it be possible to update the User Accounts section to allow the uploading of personal avatars from one's own 'puta? other sites that I use that are running the PHP-Nuke software allow this. Also avatars can be up to 120px x 120px / 25kb instead of the 6kb that your version allows.

I'll look. We used to allow bigger ones, but it was being abused to such an extent that the site was becoming unusable by 56k modem users.

OK, you can now upload your own avatars. However having looked at the number of 800 x 600 users I don't want to allow avatars any bigger than 120 x 120 (which I feel is already too big) and see no reason to allow up to 25k (the whole top banner on the fiapple theme is about 10k), but have increased it to 10k. If this were a forum where the majority were likely to have ADSL (an online gamers forum for example) I would remove this limitation, but I don't think that it's is in the interests of a lot of ARRSE users.

On a similar note, I would ask people to bear 56k users in mind before adding monstrous signatures or pictures to posts.

Latest Threads