• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Update required please

I've just been browsing through my favourite pictures and this one made me smile a couple of years ago.

Does anyone know if the Vulture had 'Toddler canapes' for tea or whether the photographer parted with half his lumpy box and shared with the attention seeking nipper?

Anyone know?

I remember that photo.

Wasn't it just before Xmas and the kid was being used as bait?

Apparantly Madonna adopted the child and the vulture was rehomed using $27 million raised by Sir Bob and St. Bono during "Live Aviary".

Here's your update.

Although Vic (for that is his name) was satiated for a while, it's been some time since that meal and pickings have been quite scarce since. Hence he looks a little on the thin side.

I'm not sure exactly what happened, but here's a recent photo of the kid and the bird:

putteesinmyhands said:
I'm not sure exactly what happened, but here's a recent photo of the kid and the bird:

Photoshop happened.

Young Jomo pictured there was just showing some of the old family wile. He did, in fact, wait until the vulture hopped close enough then clubbed it with a stone and opened a stall selling Kenyatta Fried Vulture to the locals.

He's now a millionaire living in a mansion in Brazzaville, where he splits his time between counting his Swiss bank accounts, corruption and servicing an Army of teenage prostitutes.

BrunoNoMedals

LE
Kit Reviewer
smartascarrots said:
Young Jomo pictured there was just showing some of the old family wile. He did, in fact, wait until the vulture hopped close enough then clubbed it with a stone and opened a stall selling Kenyatta Fried Vulture to the locals.

He's now a millionaire living in a mansion in Brazzaville, where he splits his time between counting his Swiss bank accounts, corruption and servicing an Army of teenage prostitutes.
What a guy. Does that qualify him for Parliament, or just the FIA?

5.56mm said:
Does vulture taste like chicken?
Depends on how many it's eaten.

k13eod said:
5.56mm said:
Does vulture taste like chicken?
Everything that isn't beef, lamb or pork tastes of chicken. Ask any survival instructor. Apparantly.
Except woodlice (slaters) they taste of tuna and they're in the crustaceans family you know :D

Famous pic this.. a pulitzer winner and all that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Carter

He got lambasted for this actions, or lack thereof, as all he did was shoo the bird away, people in the west thought he should have done more for the kid.

But put yourself in his shoes... there was probably countless more just around the corner. What's he gonna do? He's not a one-man NGO nor is he moses about to turn the 5 loaves and fishes into fish butties for the multitudes! Sure, he could have carried/drove the kid to an aid station but he'd have had to drive around another 49 on his way there... and that's if there was a 'there' to go to.

Not saying he was jusified or guilt-free... just that the critiscm was maybe misplaced.

He was a 'member' of the 'Bang Bang' club. A group of PGers in Soth Africa.. tht's an 'interesting' job if ever there was one.

putteesinmyhands said:

Whys that guy holding the president of the USA? :p

Didn't you know that the turkey is the USA logo of the Halifax? It's just Bush trying to get a little Xtra.

putteesinmyhands said:
Didn't you know that the turkey is the USA logo of the Halifax? It's just Bush trying to get a little Xtra.

And showing what a white-knuckle ride it is to go cold turkey.

(Or trying to get it to regurgitate some Wild Turkey Rye, the swindling bustard.)