Upcoming shows etc etc

daz

LE
Mmmmm I'd like a ride of that............................
You'll not get far, its a static display on blocks :)

The annual wargame show at Reading is on this weekend if anyone is interested.

Mostly wargaming and related stuff but there are usually a bunch of model kits on the bring and buy plus a few traders selling models kits, scenic items etc...

Linky for full details...

I'll be there as a trader if anyone wants to say hello.

Mostly wargaming and related stuff but there are usually a bunch of model kits on the bring and buy plus a few traders selling models kits, scenic items etc...

I'll be there and will come to say hello, even though we've met many times before! :)

My game is the 1970s Angola War one... Knowing Reading it'll probably be picketed by screaming anti-apartheid protestors...

On a related note; are you stopping over...? Beer...? :)

Oh I am sorry... :eek:
Well, we are there to work I suppose and we only need somewhere to eat and sleep for the friday and saturday nights.

We did stay at the Crown Plaza a few years ago - it was very nice but very expensive and really cut into our take for the weekend...

Well, we are there to work I suppose and we only need somewhere to eat and sleep for the friday and saturday nights.

We did stay at the Crown Plaza a few years ago - it was very nice but very expensive and really cut into our take for the weekend...
Well one likes something a bit better than the common folk...

[Actually Zero-Alpha had a free night available with Crowne Plaza, so I've used that] ;)

@Rodney2q Great to meet you over the weekend! I hope trade was good? All the traders I spoke to seem to have had a fantastic Saturday and the weekend didn't go too badly for me either... :)

@Rodney2q Great to meet you over the weekend! I hope trade was good? All the traders I spoke to seem to have had a fantastic Saturday and the weekend didn't go too badly for me either... :)

Nice meeting you at the weekend - we had a good show and sold a sh*tload of our 1/144 scale Cold War models. Also decided that we would not be staying at a Travelodge again! Rooms OK but the bar/restaurant was pretty appalling...

However, I also picked up something at the show. I was browsing the Bring & Buy for any Star Wars X-Wing models and found one of the Advanced Tie fighters going for a fiver.

darth vaders autograph 1.jpg

The pack had been opened but the model was brand new and unused. I ummed and ahhed for a moment as I already had one and didn't particularly want another one. Still, I picked it up for a closer look...

It was when I turned the pack over and saw the Darth Vader card that I decided to buy it for my grandson who also plays X-Wing and who is a huge Star Wars fan...
darth vaders autograph 2.jpg

The card had been autographed by Dave Prowse, the actor who played Darth Vader in the original Star Wars film... :eek:

How cool is that?

Grandson will now have a model for his games personally signed by Darth Vader and a nice bit of Star Wars memorabilia to keep... :cool:

Nice meeting you at the weekend - we had a good show and sold a sh*tload of our 1/144 scale Cold War models. Also decided that we would not be staying at a Travelodge again! Rooms OK but the bar/restaurant was pretty appalling...

However, I also picked up something at the show. I was browsing the Bring & Buy for any Star Wars X-Wing models and found one of the Advanced Tie fighters going for a fiver.

View attachment 430971

The pack had been opened but the model was brand new and unused. I ummed and ahhed for a moment as I already had one and didn't particularly want another one. Still, I picked it up for a closer look...

It was when I turned the pack over and saw the Darth Vader card that I decided to buy it for my grandson who also plays X-Wing and who is a huge Star Wars fan...
View attachment 430974

The card had been autographed by Dave Prowse, the actor who played Darth Vader in the original Star Wars film... :eek:

How cool is that?

Grandson will now have a model for his games personally signed by Darth Vader and a nice bit of Star Wars memorabilia to keep... :cool:
Arrse arrse arrse arrse arrse!!! I actually had that in my hands and decided I already had enough! :pissedoff:

Latest Threads