Upcoming Books

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Monday books, Aug 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As an irregular user, just thought I'd like to mention a few books I've got coming out shortly which may (or may not) be of interest to other ARRSE users.

The directly military one is called Road Trip To Hell and is by Chris Hughes, the Daily Mirror's defence journo (just off to get a rag to wipe away all the spittle).
    Hughes has spent the last four or five years in and out of Iraq and his book is a behind the scenes look at the war and the country.
    He's not a big fan of the war - surprise, surprise - but he is a big fan of the British Army, who he describes as tremendously professional, brave and committed. He's not so keen on the septics, though.

The other two which might be of interest to those who believe in the defence of the realm etc are Wasting Police Time - The Crazy World Of The War On Crime by PC David Copperfield (of coppersblog fame...check him out if you don't know him, very good, very funny) and It's Your Time You're Wasting - A Teacher's Tales of Classroom Hell by Frank Chalk. These books deal essentially with the collapse of education and law and order in the UK.

More details at my site Monday Books

Hope you're interested enough to read this and even comment.

Dan Collins
  2. A free way to advertise your books!.

Are any proceeds going to the ABF or the Legion.??

On yer bike and pay for an advertising banner.
  3. well, no (re proceeds).
    i'm not sure there'll be any profits, to be honest :) ...we're not exactly harper collins :D
    but i am a member and this is just a post mentioning a couple of books other users might be interested in - it's hardly the blag of the century. i could have claimed they were being published by someone else, i guess.
    obviously, if mods want to take the post down that's fine.
  4. Who like? 49 Para!
  5. Your a member, what so all you can post about is your books or how to get info for your books.
  6. Er, I meant I could have bigged them up without admitting to an interest.
    Anyway, like I say, it's an innocent 'anyone interested in defending standards in education and worried about crime' thing, really. These aren't particularly mass market books, hence the likely absence of profits :(

For anyone interested in the blogs they come from (and I'm not involved in either of these), Frank Chalk is at Mr Chalk and PC David Copperfield is at Coppersblog
    Worth reading, whether you're interested in buying the books or not.
  7. That's a fair point, I guess. I'm a reasonably regular reader but I don't have a military background and I don't want to become a soldier so I don't have a lot to offer in terms of comments. I like to follow the debates, is all.

I don't think it's all that 'cheesy', though. Cheesy would be if I tried to be underhand about it. I'm just saying, quite openly, Hi, I'm publishing these books, if you're interested have a look. If you're not, no biggie.