UOTC Teams in Cambrian Patrol 2005

Congratulations to all those UOTCs that entered a successful team in Exercise Cambrian Patrol '05. Comiserations to those teams that had to pull out for whatever reason. There is always next year!

It was quite a challenge, with slightly sore feet and some nasty chaffing plus a bronze medal to show for the hard work!

Especially well done to Leeds UOTC who were the only team to get a Gold on Phase 7.

The CUOTC team earned themselves a silver this year. Congrats to all involved.

5 Div results were Birmingham and Exeter Silver, Wales and Bristol Bronze. Good effort all round. Have to take my hat off to Leeds for a Gold. Excellent result.

CEUOTC had one chap drop out with hypothermia. He tried to keep going but fell asleep on the march. They would have got a silver had they all finished.

Everyone would have got gold or silver if they didnt drop out... I think wales otc where the only unit who put 2 teams in. One got bronze, other dropped out. Cambrain was frekking hard this year! FUnny tho, since that weekend, it hasnt really rained much. Been sunny and icy cold! :)

Southampton entered two teams this Year with **** Team being jack and withdrawing at the river crossing although they had three team members go down.

Whilst G34B team finished 7 hours earlier than expected, on the SATURDAY night, and ended up with a Silver Medal

Smudger: oooh harsh! but true... 'we would have beaten Pakistan but they scored more runs'

So CUOTC are claiming to have got a Silver medal but someone else says it was Birmingham and Exeter. A little bird tells me that Birmingham (that's the real BUOTC, by the way, not those impostors down in Somerset) and Exeter got Silver medals and that only two were issued this year. Did CUOTC get their 'silver medal' in the same way as Leeds got their 'gold medal'?

TD x

PS Smudger you're not even in OTC any more so what are you doing hanging around these pages? Do those horrid RE boys not talk to you?
PPS Er, I would have done Cambrian, but, um, I was, um, busy on the training weekends. I'm sure it's easy really!

TD, not sure what you're trying to prove but get back in your box. CUOTC did get a silver medal, stop playing budget sherlock and leave it alone.
Just because your int is shit is no justification to piss on other folk's achievements.

And for the record, I wasn't on the team this year, but those who were did a good job.

Yea you're right lewis all people who took part achieved a lot, however you appear to be a chopper. Why don't you go and practice your army phrases you've learnt from your PSI?

Lewis, I wasn't 'proving' anything - that wasn't the point of my post. I was just intrigued by the conflicting information I was receiving: I'm in BUOTC, so I know they got a silver medal, and my friend in EOTC tells me they got a silver medal too; yet here I read that CUOTC got a silver when I've already been told that only two silvers had been awarded. Now, I know I'm an Arts student, but surely 1+1+1=3, which is 1 more than 2.
The answer may well be that they were taking part in a different phase of the competition, as I understand that the event has staggered entries. Anyone?
And please don't 'diss' my 'int' because it's first hand.

How many years in a row is it that Leeds OTC have got Gold cambrian? Well done lads!

Time for the unit anthem:

Fcuk off whomever you may be,
We are the Leeds U-O-T-C,
Oh we'll rape your mums whoever you may be,
'Cos we are the Leeds U-O-T-C.
LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS! RAAAAARRRR!

such poetry.

Next question has got to be how many of you clocked the cameraman? Gold, silver, bronze or nothing.......... Cambrian patrol had a cameraman on the ground this year. So if his camera was a rifle................ How many teams would be able to crow on their success? A majority of the teams had the debrief with his the benefit of his skills on film? Maybe something to look out for next year?

TenaciousDave said:
Lewis, I wasn't 'proving' anything - that wasn't the point of my post. I was just intrigued by the conflicting information I was receiving: I'm in BUOTC, so I know they got a silver medal, and my friend in EOTC tells me they got a silver medal too; yet here I read that CUOTC got a silver when I've already been told that only two silvers had been awarded. Now, I know I'm an Arts student, but surely 1+1+1=3, which is 1 more than 2.
The answer may well be that they were taking part in a different phase of the competition, as I understand that the event has staggered entries. Anyone?
And please don't 'diss' my 'int' because it's first hand.
You haven't recieved conflicting infomation you just haven't done your research properly. http://www.army.mod.uk/160bde/cambrian_patrol/ http://www.army.mod.uk/160bde/cambrian_patrol/information.htm
with 100 eight-man teams taking part in seven overlapping phases during the period
Eligibility and Composition of Teams

3. There are separate but identical phases for Regular and Reserve units:

1. The Reserve Phase. The Reserve event is run from a Friday to a Sunday and is open to patrols from the Territorial Army, Royal Marine Reserves, Royal Auxiliary Air Force Regiment and equivalent overseas reserve units. Entry details are as for the Regular event.
2. The Regular Phase. The Regular event is open to patrols from regular units of the Army, Royal Marines, RAF and foreign countries. Units may bid to enter more than one patrol. Units from the Territorial Army may also enter on a fill up basis if they can release soldiers to participate mid week. All units will be informed of the number of bids accepted by mid August 2005.
3. Patrol Composition. Each patrol is to have a non-participating Patrol Manager and two drivers. The drivers may be reserves. The composition of the patrol is to be:
1. Patrol Commander: Offr/WO/SNCO.
2. Patrol 2IC: JNCO.
3. Six x Ptes: This group may include no more than one x JNCO*.

*This composition does not apply to University OTCs. Any unit whose establishment makes adherence to these criteria exceptionally difficult can apply in writing to HQ 160 (Wales) Bde for dispensation.
4. Eligibility. The following rule applies:

No person is to enter the Patrol more than twice in any one rank (not including Patrol Managers).

Dates

4. The exercise will be conducted in seven phases in order to allow the maximum number of units to enter. The reserve events are run on phases one and seven. The phases dated are as follows:

1. Phase One: Report Fri 28 Oct 05; ends Sun 30 Oct 05 (TA Phase)
2. Phase Two: Report Sun 30 Oct 05; ends Tue 01 Nov 05.
3. Phase Three: Report Mon 31 Oct 05; ends Wed 02 Nov 05.
4. Phase Four: Report Tue 01 Nov 05; ends Thu 03 Nov 05.
5. Phase Five: Report Wed 02 Nov 05; ends Fri 04 Nov 05.
6. Phase Six: Report Thu 03 Nov 05; ends Sat 05 Nov 05.
7. Phase Seven: Report Fri 04 Nov 05; ends Sun 06 Nov 05. (TA Phase)
CUOTC took part in this years seventh phase and they did get a silver.

What do you mean by this statement?
Did CUOTC get their 'silver medal' in the same way as Leeds got their 'gold medal'?

smudge_re said:
Yea you're right lewis all people who took part achieved a lot, however you appear to be a chopper. Why don't you go and practice your army phrases you've learnt from your PSI?
Cutting. I think it's justifiable to take umbrage at an individual who feels that he/she can cast doubt on my colleague's achievement with no reasonable support for their query.
Also, as I'm sure you're aware, the language we use evolves depending on the environment in which we exist. My phraseology is a direct result of contact with people who use it, not an attempt to portray myself as a "greener than green" chopper.

Finally, you'll be getting a bill through from me, I've caught a nasty case of crabs off your Mum.

Yea i remember those 'your mum' insults, they were fantastic...when i'd just started secondary school.
PS. You must be wrong about the crabs, i don't live anywhere near the sea.
PPS. Your friends who completed Cambrian are top, nice one, you can't piggy back on their success though can you? 'Yea Leeds got gold' Wrong, the team from Leeds OTC who got gold, got gold.

Message received, Erik, thanks! My mistake. Apologies and congratulations to Cambridge and Leeds.

Sorry, Lewis (you're still a chopper), but you obviously didn't know either or you would have said straight away.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P OTC and ACF 43
P OTC and ACF 47
woopert The Intelligence Cell 8