Unusual items your parents hit you with?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by TheBigUn, Oct 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. During a discussion about corporal punishment and its pros and cons my friends and I (yes I have got some) started to talk about items/objects that our parents used to hit us with, back in the old days when it was not unusual for kids to be slapped etc.

Besides the belt, slipper etc what did your parents use to hit you with?

My old man, god rest his soul, once hit me with a 10lb wet cod..................(It was the nearest thing he had to hand at the time)

What items/object/s (if any) did your parents use to keep you in line?

2. 10lb wet cod bloody luxury,we used to dream about getting hit with a 10lb wet cod

• Like Like x 1
  3. Better than a slap round the face with a wet dish.

4. My mother used to hit me with a tailors 1 metre ruler (1 metre long by 1 inch wide etc), when I was a bad trouble making yooof.

However once that broke on my back, she picked up the Poker from the fire grate, at which point I escaped and moved back to a safe distance to allow her to calm the f*ck down.

5. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

my mum was so angry once when the police bought me home in a car she asked the copper if she could see his truncheon he ave it to her and she belted me with it i had a dead arm for hours, to top it all off i got the lift cos i asked the cop if he could get me home or i would be in trouble. Talk about over-reacting lol

6. With my sister.

7. Better than his old dears, god bless her, 11lb wet kipper ditch ;)

8. A metal fish slice

A metal spatula

Other assorted kitchen implements

9. A 12" Andy Williams LP

10. a 12" Andy Williams

But then again that was my Dads name for his cock

I had a troubled youth

11. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Father's weapon of choice was his size 10 flip-flop. Or his slipper. Usually three strokes, delivered calmly and after explanation as to why.

Mother tended to use whatever was to hand to lash out when she was angry. She broke a hairbrush on my head when I wouldn't stand still to have my hair plaited, and her triumph was flinging a hot, but empty, pyrex casserole dish across the kitchen at me. I thank God every day that I never annoyed her whilst she was ironing.

12. Surely a well pressed shirt wouldn't hurt that much?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Depends on where the hot buttons went, I suppose.

14. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I got hit with "Your adopted!" But hey, at least I'm not ginger.

• Like Like x 3
  15. a sock full of sand, apparently.

although in my time i have also been hit by other people with a whisky bottle, a bike chain, a television set and had a chemistry teacher try to strangle me with a bunsen burner hose.

ah, happy days in essex :D

(although the inter-school weapon of choice in the early 80s in southend was a snooker ball in a sock. think they had all been watching "Scum" lol)

• Like Like x 1