Unusual Israeli rifle

yeah, but to be honest, the mag, bipod and fact it's bullpup looks to be about the only thing it has in common with the FAMAS. and isn't FAMAS being issued with STANAG mags now? i think i've seen a few, but i'm not sure if they're one offs and the frogs are still being awkward.

Ok, closer look, is the scope there mounted on the gas parts, if so it'll require unmounting and remounting after every use, no?

Surely not the best design in the world.

Oh, a little digging and a quick search says it's an "M89D"

Correct Operator.
Found it myself now:
The Israeli made TCI M89 sniper rifle (SR) is a bullpup version of the American M14 SWS. The weapon started his life cirqle as the Sirkis M36 SWS designed by Nehemia Sirkis and made by the Sardius Company. It later undergone heavy modification and improvement by the Technical Consultants International (TCI) company and was renamed as the M89SR SWS. Entering service in the IDF in the late 1980's, the short length of the M89SR SWS combined with its strong fire power, due to the M14's 20 7.62 rounds magazine, make it a very popular weapon in the Mistaravim under cover units (both the civilians and the military ones). Its compact design allow the M89SR SWS to be carry concealed conveniently until the actual operational deployment.
Looks like a pile of cr4p to me.

EX_STAB said:
Correct Operator.
Found it myself now:
The Israeli made TCI M89 sniper rifle (SR) is a bullpup version of the American M14 SWS. The weapon started his life cirqle as the Sirkis M36 SWS designed by Nehemia Sirkis and made by the Sardius Company. It later undergone heavy modification and improvement by the Technical Consultants International (TCI) company and was renamed as the M89SR SWS. Entering service in the IDF in the late 1980's, the short length of the M89SR SWS combined with its strong fire power, due to the M14's 20 7.62 rounds magazine, make it a very popular weapon in the Mistaravim under cover units (both the civilians and the military ones). Its compact design allow the M89SR SWS to be carry concealed conveniently until the actual operational deployment.
Looks like a pile of cr4p to me.
So does the bulge on the birds arrse :D

m-36 based on the m-14
I used it in 1989 for a couple of months ,
their were only a couple around and it looked very cool compared to our m-14's ,had the same x6 sight
The one I used didnt have a saftey as it was very much "Hand Made",
were using m-24's these days ,in fact was training in the reserves this week with them.

DrStealth said:
its an american M14 7.62 rifle 're-engineered' into a bullpup and accurized as a snipers weapon.

gimmick.
I don't think it's necessarily a gimmick, Doc. Bullpup semi-auto sniper rifles were kicked off with the inception of the Walther WA2000, which was/is awesomely accurate. I had the opportunity of having a cabby with one in Switzerland around 1988/89 and I've never fired a more accurate rifle. The calibre was .300 Win Mag, so I don't know how accurate any other calibres are in the rifle. Unfortunately, not only is the WA2000 very heavy, but it's not produced any more. Shame really, since it really does the job.

MsG

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
EX_STAB said:
What's this IDF bird shooting?

M14 Bullpup?
Never mind the silly gun-thingy, WTF is going on with her arse ?
Are her rods hand-crocheted from climbing ropes by a one-armed myopic granny, or has she just pulled her outsize flaps up over her buttocks to avoid tucking them into her socks ?

Latest Threads