Untaken leave on termination - what happens?

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by Macdaddy, Sep 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am currently on tour, due to return within the next two weeks and then due to terminate my service on 15 Jan 10. I was originally due to terminate my service on the 2 Oct 09, however, following a trawl of units for personnel i volunteered for this tour. With this, my previous OC (being a good chap), realised i wouldnt be able to fit in my leave and deferred my termination date to the following Jan.

I have now totted up my leave and i have 109 days to take upon my return - taking me to 05 Mar 10. Having had my termination date deferred before with relative ease, i didnt think this a problem - until i rang up my current RSM who flatly refused to allow me to take the leave, saying i would have to sign back on, extend and then sign off again. This clearly doesn't ring true.. The leave i would lose is just under seven working weeks - too much to let slide. I immediately emailed an employment law solicitor who stated that as it is earned/ accrued by service, it is mine and should be taken or paid out. However, she is a civvy.

I would very much appreciate sound, qualified advice from the floor!

I

2. Mac try contacting filbert fox on here - usually found in the RAMC forum. He's a guru concerning resettlement and all that goes with it.