Unt Plaques

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by GrandPa POM, Jan 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

Whilst serving in the glorious Corps, like alot of others, I neglected to pick up Squadron/Unit plaques as I went along. Since my time ended and I have now started a new life down under, I have begun to look back at my previous life and have decided that it would be nice to have a lineal history of my time in. Unfortunately most of the units have since either disbanded or been renamed. Does anyone have a link or know of anywhere I could purchase old plaques?

Thank you in anticipation.
    REgards
    Col4835

2. Ebay is your friend in this matter

Sent from my GT-N7100 using ARRSE mobile app

3. Hi 3123, I agreed with you when I was a young lad. Now I have a 'pool room' I need something to decorate the walls with. I haven't been in my current job long enough to build up a collection of anything else, so old plauqes it must be. I just don't think I can convince the Missus that photos of nubile women 'avec flange' is suitable decor!

4. I have been on EBay and looked all over the net, you can get a small selection of plaques on EBay but not many individual units.

If you are lucky one may appear but it will be a rare occurance.

I have looked at some of the sites of the manufacturers as I am looking for one from 66 Sqn Jnr Ldrs, I can't find one and I don't have a good drawing of the badge.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

5. Try the museum at Brompton Bks, they may be able to steer you in the right direction

6. What units were you with? The reason I ask is that I came across some of my old Sqn/Regt Plaques today and I would like them to go to a good home instead of sitting in a cupboard collecting dust!

7. You havn't got 29 (Hameln) or 48 (Waterbeach) have you?

If the OP doesn't want first dibs.

8. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

try facebook i'm a sapper i'm ubique

9. I don't have 29, but I have Cpls Mess 39 (with a clock above it).

10. Can you post/send me a piccy, please.

11. Hi Treborre

By time served the units are:
    48 Fd Sqn (Const), 39 Engr Regt
    73 Fd Sqn, 23 Engr Regt
    45 Fd Sp Sqn, 21 Engr Regt
    43 Fd Sp Sqn, 25 Engr Regt
    108 (W) Fd Sp Sqn (M), R Mon RE
    PR&A Wing, 1 RSME
    5 Fd Sqn, 22 Engr Regt

Any help from you, or anyone else out there would be appreciated.

REgards
    Col4835

12. Hi Sirbhp,

Don't do Faceache/Twa**er so they're are not an option, but thanks anyway.

13. Sorry mate but I don't have any of those plaques. I was in 43 Plt Sqn for a brief while but didn't want or get a plaque because I was an oggie attached to them from 16 Fd Sqn (when 25 was in Osnabruck).

14. Will see what I can do mate! Not v good at this IT stuff.

15. I was attached to 45 FLD SUP SQN RE in 1979 on the Op Banner Tour.

I have an RE plaque and some other RE collectables you can have for the postage and a donation to HOLS4HEROES.

Please PM me.