Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unsure of Regiment

LFH19

Crow
Hello, this is my first post on here, so apologies if I’m posting this in the wrong forum.

I’ve recently applied for the Army as an infantry soldier, and I’m completely unsure of which regiment to join. I live in North Wales and my preference would be light infantry. I’ve looked into The Welsh Guards, but the ceremonial side of things is a huge turnoff for me, and I’ve looked into 1 Rifles, which appeals to me, but what are the chances of me getting a place in that battalion?

Can anyone give me any advice?

Thanks.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Each Regiment has a recruitment area, but it doesn't mean they only take from that area. If you pass the tests and get the required score, any infantry Regiment should snap you up - they're a bit short staffed at the moment. :D

Good luck!

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Hello, this is my first post on here, so apologies if I’m posting this in the wrong forum.

I’ve recently applied for the Army as an infantry soldier, and I’m completely unsure of which regiment to join. I live in North Wales and my preference would be light infantry. I’ve looked into The Welsh Guards, but the ceremonial side of things is a huge turnoff for me, and I’ve looked into 1 Rifles, which appeals to me, but what are the chances of me getting a place in that battalion?

Can anyone give me any advice?

Thanks.
Have a little look through this thread, and maybe ask in there if you haven't found your answers: https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/t...ll-job-selection-related-chat-in-here.262020/

Hope this helps.

Latest Threads