Unsuitable names for future equipments?

With the recent proposal to purchase several variants of vehicles, the planners went mad, raided the dictionary and used up Mastiff, Vixen, Bulldog, Wolfhound etc.

Now, these are all names that suggest a brutal and effective pedigree, and it is hoped by all concerned that the pedigree of the name will rub off on the equipment.

But there are some names that do not suggest "a brutal and effective pedigree" when you hear them, and we might be able to produce a useful Arrse Guide to help stop those desk officers working in Main Building and Abbey Wood from making a complete horlicks of naming a future equipment!

So, I will kick off with three names that I consider unsuitable for future equipments/capabilities:

:arrow: Horlicks
:arrow: Spaniel
:arrow: Chihuahua

Litotes

Damn, that's four. :D

Poodle, Chichuahua (however it's spelt!), Fox is very camp (perfect then for Navy perhaps :wink: ), Sparrow.

"Coming over the hill now we see the new British Army Tank, the FV4035 Vickers Squaw"

maybe we need less threatening names like

Budgie
Chinchilla
Ladybird
butterfly (eg the 70 tonne butterfly main battle tank)

Weasle
Shrew
Politician

Skunk, rabbit ,dormouse pheasant and grouse .Pity we cant use weasel as the Germans have bagged it how about stoat though?

Titananic clas of ships / subs!

stilts

Percy_Pigeon

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Future Army Dress as when we get it it will be PAD Past Army Dress

Cockroach

:D :D
REMEbrat said:
Poodle, Chichuahua (however it's spelt!), Fox is very camp (perfect then for Navy perhaps :wink: ), Sparrow.

"Coming over the hill now we see the new British Army Tank, the FV4035 Vickers Squaw"
Erhhhhhhhhhhh, Fox

and Sparrow

Have already been done :D :D

REMEbrat said:
Poodle, Chihuahua (however it's spelt!), Fox is very camp (perfect then for Navy perhaps :wink: ), Sparrow.

Already had The FV 721 Fox Combat Vehicle Reconnaissance (Wheeled) (CVR(W) which had a penchant for spending an inordinate time on it's side ( tall,top heavy and relevantly fast (!), So I give you the;
The Gerbil :D or
The Chinchilla
seem to have gone into a rodent theme so,

" Ah Maj Fawk-upp, here's the new MBT we're trialling, The Rat!"

coat, Hat ,TAXI!! :eek:

Cyclops
Hoon
Beaver (already done I know but that was a Canadian civvy name)
Blair
Spinner
Covenanteer ( already done when the government knew what the armed
forces were there for)

You may be able to guess the way my mind is thinking - if you can let me know.

I'm getting my chance to pick the next name and the favourite on my list so far is labrapoodle!

This image should show you just how evil they really are